socalfc3

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hello my buddy has a 2.0 LX 2017 civic that started to turn off after coming to a complete stop then pushing the gas to go , after I test drove it I also noticed after coming to a complete stop I would also push the throttle to go and it would no go at all, even after pushing it all the way down . After about 5-6 pumps it would finally go , it also happens in reverse too . After I looked up the code it says it’s the idle control valve but I’ve been researching and I seems this car doesn’t have one ? I’ve cleaned the MAF and throttle body , also replaced the air filter and it’s still happening. I’m thinking it could be the throttle position sensor but it comes together with the throttle body , is there any other tests I can do before we change the throttle body ? Any similar experiences ?
Sponsored

quacks

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Hello my buddy has a 2.0 LX 2017 civic that started to turn off after coming to a complete stop then pushing the gas to go , after I test drove it I also noticed after coming to a complete stop I would also push the throttle to go and it would no go at all, even after pushing it all the way down . After about 5-6 pumps it would finally go , it also happens in reverse too . After I looked up the code it says it’s the idle control valve but I’ve been researching and I seems this car doesn’t have one ? I’ve cleaned the MAF and throttle body , also replaced the air filter and it’s still happening. I’m thinking it could be the throttle position sensor but it comes together with the throttle body , is there any other tests I can do before we change the throttle body ? Any similar experiences ?
did you ever resolve this problem,??
exactly the same thing just started happening to ours