JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
CVT or manual? I‘m more curious about the RPM drop and ‘spike’. Plus, are you measuring with a boost gauge or the tuning software? So long as you’re not going lean with the slightly higher boost, it shouldn’t be dangerous.

It’s not boost creep. That‘s where the turbo is building pressure faster than the wastegate can bleed it off, so the boost would just keep climbing steadily, until something gives out. The wastegate would be small on these turbos, but the electronic control throws a wrench into it.

You also didn’t answer my question about the tune. You could probably even ask TSP about it…
Yeah sorry I'm late on this, I sent an email to TSP about it, I sent them 2 data logs were i hit that high PSI, I'm waiting tk hear back from their tuner. My car is also the CVT transmission. I'm also measuring with my KTUNER that I have hooked up on my windshield
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoeyV

JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where's a datalog?

And Joey, for the record, you mentioned the TSP is at 21 psi. Actually it will command 23-24 psi. That's expected. And depending on environmental factors you may see a brief overshoot. I think I saw as much as 26.4 psi but only for a brief second.
Yeah, when I noticed this increase I'd be holding like 23-24 psi, abs then it would shoot up to the 27, but then would fall back down, and drop RPM alittle and then go back to 22-23 psi

OP
OP
JoeyV

JoeyV

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where's a datalog?

And Joey, for the record, you mentioned the TSP is at 21 psi. Actually it will command 23-24 psi. That's expected. And depending on environmental factors you may see a brief overshoot. I think I saw as much as 26.4 psi but only for a brief second.
I heard back from the tuner at TSP, they said they only say the increase when the throttle bottle closed, but over all my data logs seemed perfectly fine

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
That would be understandable (throttle plate). A better diverter valve (not a blow-off valve) might help that.
Sponsored