Country flag
What was the reduced price?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
From my knowledge of titanium, you can't roll a bead..... at least as far as I know

Also since this is a inlet and its not under pressure it has no chance of blowing off. Its not like a charge pipe.

Make some custom coolant lines to match and you got me as a buyer. lol

Hey.... what I am curious about is heat. Ive not done much with Titanium except for exhaust so I don't know its characteristics of heat transfer.
You can bead roll titanium without issues. Not sure why you think you can’t?

I don’t think you understand why a bead or machined lip is present when using hoses and clamps. Have you ever seen a throttle body, air box, thermostat housing, vacuum line or anything using a hose without one?

Titanium is absolutely awful at conducting heat.

Benb870

CTR 23172 Midnight Express
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 &2006 Lotus Elise
Country flag
You can add your R number if you ask them....

Also the PRL intake pipe only works with their intake, other intakes may be a problem fitting to their pipe....just what I heard.

Rampage Fab intake pipe fits all.

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
At $800, I'd be tempted... that extra $150 then shipping to the UK works out just too expensive! â˜č

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
You can bead roll titanium without issues. Not sure why you think you can’t?

I don’t think you understand why a bead or machined lip is present when using hoses and clamps. Have you ever seen a throttle body, air box, thermostat housing, vacuum line or anything using a hose without one?

Titanium is absolutely awful at conducting heat.
I wasn't trying to be a d**k .... as I stated "from my knowledge of titanium"... maybe I should had wrote "limited knowledge"? After doing some research I didn't realize, just like stainless, there are apparently different grades of titanium. And yes certain grades can't be bent or rolled without cracking. This is why you see a million pie cuts in certain bends that could easily be ached with a mandrel bender using stainless.

You are correct... all those other applications do use a lip. Most of those applications see vacuum and boost. But a turbo inlet isn't rolled or beaded, is it? I see no need to roll a inlet pipe, especially if the material is as hard as titanium, it isn't going to see boost pressure, and isn't really needed. My STi put down over 680@38lbs and my inlet didn't have a bead on either end.

I thought Titanium would probably be horrible at conducting heat as well. I hope PRL gets their inlet out soon.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Pretty much defeats anything “cool” from the intake.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Pretty much defeats anything “cool” from the intake.
It doesn’t heat soak like thicker materials. After a few seconds of fresh air it cools off due to the nature of it. The stock turbo inlet stays cool longer but also stays hot longer due to thickness. You need to take into account more than the fact it gets hot. Truth is everyone should run a turbo blanket like I do if you care about heat and problem solved. The whole bead roll is not needed. Unless you’ve got blown motor mounts with your motor flopping around it won’t come off. Even then I doubt it would. I do think the price is high. I also wonder if anyone has adapted prl turbo inlet to another intake style.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
It doesn’t heat soak like thicker materials. After a few seconds of fresh air it cools off due to the nature of it. The stock turbo inlet stays cool longer but also stays hot longer due to thickness. You need to take into account more than the fact it gets hot. Truth is everyone should run a turbo blanket like I do if you care about heat and problem solved. The whole bead roll is not needed. Unless you’ve got blown motor mounts with your motor flopping around it won’t come off. Even then I doubt it would. I do think the price is high. I also wonder if anyone has adapted prl turbo inlet to another intake style.
I will concede that if it is FULL Titanium, then it would not radiate as much heat as an aluminum. However, the stock inlet pipe isn't radiating inside the intake path either - the thickness of it was designed just for that factor. Outside is hot, but inside is not affected. Contrary to popular belief, vehicle Air Intake designs are the best configuration, as are the DPs and Exhausts (for stock turbos). The Intercoolers are really the only weak link when to vehicle is pushed further (and for longer) than the manufacturer ulimately designed it for; which was "daily driving" with occasional spiritedness.
And YES, the price is high, but Titanium costs more to harvest and produce - then, you have profitability.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I will concede that if it is FULL Titanium, then it would not radiate as much heat as an aluminum. However, the stock inlet pipe isn't radiating inside the intake path either - the thickness of it was designed just for that factor. Outside is hot, but inside is not affected. Contrary to popular belief, vehicle Air Intake designs are the best configuration, as are the DPs and Exhausts (for stock turbos). The Intercoolers are really the only weak link when to vehicle is pushed further (and for longer) than the manufacturer ulimately designed it for; which was "daily driving" with occasional spiritedness.
And YES, the price is high, but Titanium costs more to harvest and produce - then, you have profitability.
Ok can go with that statement cause other than volume the inlet tube doesn’t allow enough heat penetration cause the air is not dispersed over a large area like an intercooler. Although after 15 minutes of driving the stock turbo inlet was roasting inside and out. I took it back out cause I thought I might have had a coolant leak. I’m one of the unfortunate people had stud snap off in the turbo. That’s was with heat. Got so pissed off I bought another turbo. How much heat actually transfers is unknown but it dies get hot straight through. Prl pipe is titanium as well but I’m at odds about buying it cause I have a mishimoto intake and don’t know if I can adapt it to it. If I buy both prl intake and inlet I’m at 900 bucks either way. Has anyone tried that with prl.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've been trying to send rampage a file with my badge number to burn but its not opening for them, has to be EPS file. A real pain or they wont do it.
If they have done it before, cant they just change the numbers to my badge in the old file? Anyway, the PRL should work with any intake that works with the stock inlet pipe, if you get the stock titanium inlet pipe not the one for the PRL CAI.

Matt
Sponsored