New mods

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Chrome lower window trim. I think it's a nice under the radar mod that makes the car look a touch more expensive the it is. Just be careful during install, the glue is strong as hell. I messed up the other side by just a tiny bit, but it's very noticeable to me and I'm not sure how to remove it to try again.

image.jpeg
How are you liking the chrome trim that is next to the side view mirror? I just ordered the trim on eBay and I'm toying with the idea of not installing the piece in that spot, for two reasons.

1.) I have a chrome piece on the mirror itself that I added that might be in the way
2.) I feel like the trim doesn't flow very well in that spot.

Based on this, I'm going to leave that area blank, install the rest, take pics...and then temporarily install corner piece with scotch tape, take more pics and see what looks best.
Sponsored

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the chrome trim that is next to the side view mirror? I just ordered the trim on eBay and I'm toying with the idea of not installing the piece in that spot, for two reasons.

1.) I have a chrome piece on the mirror itself that I added that might be in the way
2.) I feel like the trim doesn't flow very well in that spot.

Based on this, I'm going to leave that area blank, install the rest, take pics...and then temporarily install corner piece with scotch tape, take more pics and see what looks best.
Tough call if you already have additional chrome installed. This is the only chrome piece that I will install because it looks OEM. It should have been there in the first place, including the corner portion.

And just to clarify, I agree that's the piece around the mirror does not flow as well as the straight pieces. So far I'm ok with how it looks, though. If you do it without those pieces, post pics. Might have to remove them if it's looks better that way.

Last edited:

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yay or nay?

image.png
@Lufelham or anyone else that has installed the chrome window trim.....

Any regrets or issues (rusting, peeling, coming off, etc)?

I bought this kit along with the chrome door handle covers some time ago but have not gotten around to installing it. I just want to be sure nobody is experiencing any issues or having regrets before I install mine.

Thanks. :)

Mikeguyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does it snap in?

Personally, I wouldn't do it if it's bonded with adhesive.
They slide over the existing knobs. Nice tight fit. They will slip if it's cold. (about 30-35°) Nothing to get in a twist about. I bought the blue ones for my Cosmic Blue 16 Ex.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag