Need Help Please!! Sirimoto Short Shift

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys so I'm putting in my Sirimoto Short Shift kit but I'm f***ed right now. I got everything together but I was unable to put the white ball bushing back into the cable harness. So I took the ball off and put it in the harness to see if it even fits and now it's stuck in there. I've been trying to shove that ball back into the adapter but no success. Can anyone please advise on what I should do? Thank you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Need Help Please!! Sirimoto Short Shift IMG_0978.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Need Help Please!! Sirimoto Short Shift IMG_0979.JPG

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember it being very difficult to get it in there, it's a very tight fit. I do not recall exactly how I did it, but don't be afraid to use whatever tools you may have at your disposal. I think I may have used pliers? It is a tight fit by design, any play would be felt in the shifter after installation.

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I remember it being very difficult to get it in there, it's a very tight fit. I do not recall exactly how I did it, but don't be afraid to use whatever tools you may have at your disposal. I think I may have used pliers? It is a tight fit by design, any play would be felt in the shifter after installation.
Thanks! But I'm still having so much trouble. I think it would have been much easier the other way around, getting the ball and adapter into the harness, rather than the other way around. It was difficult for me to put the white ball on the adapter in the first place. Looks like my new Civic Si is now "totaled" lol

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
Thanks! But I'm still having so much trouble. I think it would have been much easier the other way around, getting the ball and adapter into the harness, rather than the other way around. It was difficult for me to put the white ball on the adapter in the first place. Looks like my new Civic Si is now "totaled" lol
I remember having a super difficult time with it. I grabbed a rubber mallet and beat it in, and it clicked right in.

OP
OP
ne0guri

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I remember having a super difficult time with it. I grabbed a rubber mallet and beat it in, and it clicked right in.
Turns out it is not possible to put the bushing back onto the adapter while in the harness. I basically was trying the impossible for a day and half. I was actually able to get the ball bushing out of the harness with a pick tool. I then put it back on the adapter and was able to clip it into harness easily this time. Got it all installed and happy to say that it's one of the most amazing products I have purchased!
Sponsored