AhmedYahia

First Name
AhmedYahia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1600 2018
Hello everybody

I ask about what is the best to do in tuning my civic x wheels.
My civic is not Type R it is 1600 cc
OEM wheels are 17

I want to increase the inches one or two degrees

I ask about
What is better 18 or 19 wheels for more stability and least powerful affection as the motor is only 1600 123 hp no turbo .

Are the results satisfying enough ?

What about the technical points for 18 or 19 wheel ,offset , tire size , width if rim?

Thanks very much
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Bookmark this page:
https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

As a general rule:

Bigger diameter wheels and tires are heavier than smaller wheels and tires of the same model, even when the tires are the same rolling circumference (how big they are around the tread, like the rolling distance per revolution of the wheel). They will make acceleration slower. They will help make turning more crisp and responsive, though. But they will also make bumps feel harsher and be more vulnerable to damage from sharp bumps and holes.

If that's all okay with you, then some OEM specs you should know:

Sport hatchback/Si coupe and sedan -- 18" x 8" wheels with a +50 offset using 235/40-18 tires;
Type-R uses 20" wheels with a +60 offset, primarily because of the brake hats and hubs (I think).

235-width tires are plenty for regular driving, and you can also stuff wider tires (with wheels of correct width) under the car. Check the Aggressive Wheel Fitment thread.

Honestly, if we're talking only about performance, I wouldn't go with 19s at all, and maybe not even 18s. What would matter more is getting a wide tire on a lighter wheel. But you also want to decide whether you want to gain lightness while possibly losing strength -- I hit a pavement hole a few weeks ago that scared the shit out of me, and I'm pretty sure that an inexpensive cast-aluminum wheel would've bent or cracked.

OP
OP
AhmedYahia

AhmedYahia

First Name
AhmedYahia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1600 2018
I want to thank u very much for ur informations about my questions

Thanks alot again