First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring with Honda Factory Performance
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Irene" was involved in a little scrape with an idiot backing out of his parking spot. His car, just some scrapes. Mine? The pic below shows the cosmetic stuff. However, you can't tell from this angle, but the rear tire is bent. it's pushed back in the wheel well, and canted out at the front, so the car pushes extremely to the left. Since this happened yesterday, I am still waiting for his insurance to come pick it up and tow it away to get repaired and get a rental. I will update more as things progress.
Honda Civic 10th gen My Poor Car! 20201213_113826
Sponsored

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
that sucks! good luck on the repairs!

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
That is definitely a concern of mine around where I live. Too many people blindly backing out, and then getting mad because you are driving down an aisle that they didn't verify was clear before backing out.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Something similar happened to my 2018 hatch too! I was parked inside my house when my neighbor comes to the door and says "my mom hit your car". She was backing out of her spot in her JEEP and hit my driver's front side. It baffled me! Accidents happen, but man was I mad!

I hope it gets nice and fixed up, make sure they pay for everything, even the rental.

OP
OP
LingSter

LingSter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I do that too. But this was because I was driving down the lane to get out.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
"Irene" was involved in a little scrape with an idiot backing out of his parking spot. His car, just some scrapes. Mine? The pic below shows the cosmetic stuff. However, you can't tell from this angle, but the rear tire is bent. it's pushed back in the wheel well, and canted out at the front, so the car pushes extremely to the left. Since this happened yesterday, I am still waiting for his insurance to come pick it up and tow it away to get repaired and get a rental. I will update more as things progress.
20201213_113826.jpg
Where did you get your splash guards?

OP
OP
LingSter

LingSter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Estimated Repair Cost:
$3,118.52

Yea. that's bad. Bent sway bar and more

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
20201213_113826.jpg
You said that the car pushes extremely to the left. In this case is absolutely necessary to ask for a verification on the wheel angle checkpoint, after completing the repairs.
Such a check must be made in the event of such accidents involving wheel collisions, otherwise the pulling effect to the left may persist and the car may not run properly.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Estimated Repair Cost:
$3,118.52

Yea. that's bad. Bent sway bar and more
I feel your pain. I have the 2019 twin of your car, even the same color. In September, I hit a guy on a bicycle who ran a red light. He's fine, but he was found fully at fault for the accident, and my repairs (all front end) were over $8000. Since he had no insurance, my insurance had to pay for it all. :( I'm glad the other guy's insurance is taking responsibility for your incident. Good luck!
Sponsored