Mudflaps that work with HFP Sideskirts

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Does anyone know of mudflaps that work with the HFP side skirts? I have been looking at Rally Armor since I had those for years on my WRX no issues.
Sponsored

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know of mudflaps that work with the HFP side skirts? I have been looking at Rally Armor since I had those for years on my WRX no issues.
I used Rokblokz mud flaps as they seemed more sturdy and less floppy. I used the universal set and managed to only use the existing 2 screws that go into the side skirts. My only issue so far has been that the insert that the screws go into are pretty horrible and sometimes won't hold the screw. I had to buy a couple of new ones from the dealer.

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used Rokblokz mud flaps as they seemed more sturdy and less floppy. I used the universal set and managed to only use the existing 2 screws that go into the side skirts. My only issue so far has been that the insert that the screws go into are pretty horrible and sometimes won't hold the screw. I had to buy a couple of new ones from the dealer.
Do you have pics? I'm guessing the insert is something behind the skirt? Thanks for your insight!

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have pics? I'm guessing the insert is something behind the skirt? Thanks for your insight!
It screws into a metal clip that is inserted onto the side skirt. The insert doesn't have any actual threading like a nut, so it doesn't hold well. Here are a few recent pics I have with the flaps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mudflaps that work with HFP Sideskirts LRM_EXPORT_90593323125292_20190513_123527703

Honda Civic 10th gen Mudflaps that work with HFP Sideskirts LRM_EXPORT_90406955743175_20190513_123221336

Honda Civic 10th gen Mudflaps that work with HFP Sideskirts LRM_EXPORT_90798061317089_20190513_123852442

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It screws into a metal clip that is inserted onto the side skirt. The insert doesn't have any actual threading like a nut, so it doesn't hold well.
Looks really good! What side skirt extension is that? So the metal clip is supplied with the mudflaps not a something part of the skirt? Sorry just trying to visualize it better. I think I know what your talking about.

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks really good! What side skirt extension is that? So the metal clip is supplied with the mudflaps not a something part of the skirt? Sorry just trying to visualize it better. I think I know what your talking about.
Thanks! If you go to my garage I have a link for the under-body side-skirt somewhere in the comments.

The metal clip is already on the existing side skirts (shouldn't need to worry about these unless the screw doesn't screw in tight). Part of the wheel well screws into it already. If you look at your car you will see those screws there. If you look at the diagram below #5 is the the spring thing and #3 is the screw.

If you buy the universal kit, it comes with no hardware so you can utilize the 2 existing screws. They do provide a civic specific one they recently made for extra that includes hardware I think. I went with the smallest size up front and the medium size in the rear for my coupe as the back is a bit high. I had to take my side skirts off a few times so perhaps the nut springs got worn and didn't secure the screw and I ended up losing a flap somewhere on the highway. Once I got replacement springs everything was fine. I also ended up putting some loctite on the screws. The clips are a really bad design. Never used Rally Armor, maybe they have a specific kit that works better.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mudflaps that work with HFP Sideskirts 2019-05-13 21_14_25-2017 Honda Civic 2 Door SI KA 6MT Splash Guards - Honda Parts Now

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! If you go to my garage I have a link for the under-body side-skirt somewhere in the comments.

The metal clip is already on the existing side skirts (shouldn't need to worry about these unless the screw doesn't screw in tight). Part of the wheel well screws into it already. If you look at your car you will see those screws there. If you look at the diagram below #5 is the the spring thing and #3 is the screw.

If you buy the universal kit, it comes with no hardware so you can utilize the 2 existing screws. They do provide a civic specific one they recently made for extra that includes hardware I think. I went with the smallest size up front and the medium size in the rear for my coupe as the back is a bit high. I had to take my side skirts off a few times so perhaps the nut springs got worn and didn't secure the screw and I ended up losing a flap somewhere on the highway. Once I got replacement springs everything was fine. I also ended up putting some loctite on the screws. The clips are a really bad design. Never used Rally Armor, maybe they have a specific kit that works better.
Awesome, thank you again for answering all my questions!
Sponsored