2020civst

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic sport touring 6mt
Country flag
Hey just wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences are with the mishimoto air intake for a 2020 civic sport touring hatch. Tia
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had the Mishimoto before I switched to 27WON. It was a good intake, fitment was nice. The enclosure helps a bit with heatsoak but it's still an SRI and still suffers. Unity has it if you prefer to go that route with your intake.

If you are going the SRI route I'd just look for a PRL short ram from Teknotik or Garage16. That at least has the ability to go to a Race MAF if you upgrade the turbo later on. It'll sound louder too without the enclosure.

OP
OP
2020civst

2020civst

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the Mishimoto before I switched to 27WON. It was a good intake, fitment was nice. The enclosure helps a bit with heatsoak but it's still an SRI and still suffers. Unity has it if you prefer to go that route with your intake.

If you are going the SRI route I'd just look for a PRL short ram from Teknotik or Garage16. That at least has the ability to go to a Race MAF if you upgrade the turbo later on. It'll sound louder too without the enclosure.
Doesn't prl have really bad heat soak though ? And causes Less power and torque that the stock intake ? I live in Newfoundland so it doesn't get overly hot here in the summers.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Doesn't prl have really bad heat soak though ? And causes Less power and torque that the stock intake ? I live in Newfoundland so it doesn't get overly hot here in the summers.
It will heatsoak, but so will the Mishimoto. It's debatable how much of a difference it even makes on a turbo setup, where the turbo heats up the air anyway before it enters the engine. Intercooler helps a lot with that. My vote is still 27WON or PRL cobra, but if you want to go the less expensive route then either SRI is okay.

OP
OP
2020civst

2020civst

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It will heatsoak, but so will the Mishimoto. It's debatable how much of a difference it even makes on a turbo setup, where the turbo heats up the air anyway before it enters the engine. Intercooler helps a lot with that. My vote is still 27WON or PRL cobra, but if you want to go the less expensive route then either SRI is okay.
Thanks for the advice man, I think I'm gonna go with the prl. Reason being is that I can easily upgrade to a full cold air intake if I want and/or a race maf if I get a tune!

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the advice man, I think I'm gonna go with the prl. Reason being is that I can easily upgrade to a full cold air intake if I want and/or a race maf if I get a tune!
That would be my choice of SRI also, enjoy!
Sponsored