Meguiars ScratchX 2.0

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Anyone have experiences with this? I got a very fine scratch on my back bumper (I will get pictures tomorrow and upload them here), and from what I saw, ScratchX seems to do a good job of taking care of it.

My concern is that the product may be designed for deeper scratches, and that the product itself will cause more damage to the paint. I have a Cosmic Blue EXL.

I have a touch up pen as well but the scratch is so fine, that I'm fairly sure attempting to use the pen will make it more visible.

EDIT: Here is the scratch.
Honda Civic 10th gen Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 WK5RN5e
Sponsored

Last edited:

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I would use a small amount, then apply a coat a wax to it.

Edit - I really don't think you need to worry. I used a lot of product on a scratch and don't see any ill effects. Ultimate Compound is the stuff you need to be careful with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
eXultanCe

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I would use a small amount, then apply a coat a wax to it.

Edit - I really don't think you need to worry. I used a lot of product on a scratch and don't see any ill effects. Ultimate Compound is the stuff you need to be careful with.
I appreciate that. I bought some during lunch, so tonight when I get home I will put it to use.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate that. I bought some during lunch, so tonight when I get home I will put it to use.
I wonder how deep that scratch is....looks to be just the clear coat scratched so you're really just breaking that down...i would apply some painters tape around the affected area..so you're only targeting the scratches.

OP
OP
eXultanCe

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I wonder how deep that scratch is....looks to be just the clear coat scratched so you're really just breaking that down...i would apply some painters tape around the affected area..so you're only targeting the scratches.
I will certainly do that. Should I try to minimize the area around as much as I can? (really put that tape around the scratch only)

The scratch is not deep at all. I can almost not feel it when I run my finger over it.

Thank you for the tip!

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I will certainly do that. Should I try to minimize the area around as much as I can? (really put that tape around the scratch only)

The scratch is not deep at all. I can almost not feel it when I run my finger over it.

Thank you for the tip!

When I did it, I didn't apply the tape, but I've seen it recommended on videeos..not a bad idea.