Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You will be amazed at how slick your car will feel after spraying with pro shine, especially with your paint freshly buffed and coated.
Okay, cool! Got some on the way. Thanks for the discount code!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Finally clay bar, cut, polished and graphene coated my hood the other day. This time I used chemical guys v38 polish. The results are incredible.

The ethos graphene matrix V2 coating continues to impress as with all of their products. The limited Beta release of V2 will end soon until the production batches are made, pricing will increase, grab it now! Use code "sport-injected" for 10% off.

https://ethoscarcare.com/products/graphene-coating-2-0-beta?ref=Sport-injected

Attachments

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ayt, checking in!

Did my usual dual-bucket wash, but got a PRO TIP from the folks who did my ceramic coat: rinse, then foam, then wait a few mins to let the soap break down the dirt and grime. šŸ’” THEN, rinse again, then foam once more, THEN dual-bucket wash with a microfiber mit.

So, after my patent-pending Dual-Bucket-Dual-Foam wash, dried with a cloud made from the windswept hair of a Unicorn, only to findā€¦

Honda Civic 10th gen Ethos graphene matrix 2.0 beta 2610F85E-F16F-49A3-AEB6-E64CB6C1CFEE

Alien Skinā„¢ļø: dried hard-water spots probably with a bit of residual soap mixed in. šŸ˜–šŸ˜«šŸ˜«šŸ˜« Now, I have a variety of products at my disposal, including my new bottle of Ethos Pro Shine! šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

Unfortunately, that alone didnā€™t remove those spots. BUT, ScratchX might, though it can also be somewhat abrasive, and I didnā€™t want to mar my new fresh surface.

So, in a Big-Brain moment, I created a new technique! In now what Iā€™m lovingly calling the Backside Pushthrough šŸ¤£, I dabbed ScratchX onto the backside of my microfiber cloth, then folded the cloth with Pro Shine into itself to use the frontside, thinking that the liquid would pull only a bit of ScratchX through the cloth at a time.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ethos graphene matrix 2.0 beta 9CAB2F4B-801D-4646-B56F-FA91F750156D

The top cloth is my buffing cloth, while the lower is my clean-up.

Seems to have worked! I can put some elbow into the buffing process, which gives me a greater margin of error, and Iā€™m not over-abrasive on the surface.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ethos graphene matrix 2.0 beta 950B5212-9A94-4CD1-B532-BB470B0C91A8

(ā˜šŸ¼This is a Caruse aeroflap, BTW. Cleans up well!)

Hereā€™s a different panel:
Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen Ethos graphene matrix 2.0 beta 47288E4E-3B5F-4D53-82F4-72F4460CE819

After:
Honda Civic 10th gen Ethos graphene matrix 2.0 beta 93BEC8B3-8D65-45B4-B6F2-8037698BB259

Oh, look! Pearl!

So, lessons: I need to find a way to neutralize the hard-water, and use a soap that washes away with no residue. @Sport-injected know of any soap that can do both?

Tips and Tricks welcomed! That Pro Shine itself is wonderful, though! Makes the surface super-slick! And glad to know my ceramic coating is holding up to a solid buffing!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ayt, checking in!

Did my usual dual-bucket wash, but got a PRO TIP from the folks who did my ceramic coat: rinse, then foam, then wait a few mins to let the soap break down the dirt and grime. šŸ’” THEN, rinse again, then foam once more, THEN dual-bucket wash with a microfiber mit.

So, after my patent-pending Dual-Bucket-Dual-Foam wash, dried with a cloud made from the windswept hair of a Unicorn, only to findā€¦

2610F85E-F16F-49A3-AEB6-E64CB6C1CFEE.jpeg

Alien Skinā„¢ļø: dried hard-water spots probably with a bit of residual soap mixed in. šŸ˜–šŸ˜«šŸ˜«šŸ˜« Now, I have a variety of products at my disposal, including my new bottle of Ethos Pro Shine! šŸ™ŒšŸ¼

Unfortunately, that alone didnā€™t remove those spots. BUT, ScratchX might, though it can also be somewhat abrasive, and I didnā€™t want to mar my new fresh surface.

So, in a Big-Brain moment, I created a new technique! In now what Iā€™m lovingly calling the Backside Pushthrough šŸ¤£, I dabbed ScratchX onto the backside of my microfiber cloth, then folded the cloth with Pro Shine into itself to use the frontside, thinking that the liquid would pull only a bit of ScratchX through the cloth at a time.
9CAB2F4B-801D-4646-B56F-FA91F750156D.jpeg

The top cloth is my buffing cloth, while the lower is my clean-up.

Seems to have worked! I can put some elbow into the buffing process, which gives me a greater margin of error, and Iā€™m not over-abrasive on the surface.
950B5212-9A94-4CD1-B532-BB470B0C91A8.jpeg

(ā˜šŸ¼This is a Caruse aeroflap, BTW. Cleans up well!)

Hereā€™s a different panel:
Before:
47288E4E-3B5F-4D53-82F4-72F4460CE819.jpeg

After:
93BEC8B3-8D65-45B4-B6F2-8037698BB259.jpeg

Oh, look! Pearl!

So, lessons: I need to find a way to neutralize the hard-water, and use a soap that washes away with no residue. @Sport-injected know of any soap that can do both?

Tips and Tricks welcomed! That Pro Shine itself is wonderful, though! Makes the surface super-slick! And glad to know my ceramic coating is holding up to a solid buffing!
I have seen attachments you can put inline at your water source that is supposed to remove hard water - it looks like a little filter... I have never used myself but might be worth a try? Lol your super dual technique looks to be the move! Great job!

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have seen attachments you can put inline at your water source that is supposed to remove hard water - it looks like a little filter... I have never used myself but might be worth a try? Lol your super dual technique looks to be the move! Great job!
I did a quick search on Amazon and there looks to be some products to remove hard water spots, again I have never tried any so cannot give any solid feedback on that... Let us know what you end up doing or if you try any.

Brivis

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Itā€™s a little expensive but I went with adams graphene ceramic coating, ammo gelee for the wheels, and ammo reflex top coat it if want a little extra boost.

coating the wheels was the best. A quick spray with the pressure washer and about 90% or more of the dust is just gone.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ethos graphene matrix 2.0 beta BAFA0F07-6AD3-4CD2-A28A-A50290B28152

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I also might be screwing up the soap-water ratio.

Anywho, Iā€™ll report back with my findings.
Yes it did look a little heavy on soap. You wipe the soap with a wash mitt before rinsing correct? I also wouldn't let the soap sit long at all before wiping and rinsing unless the car is heavily soiled.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it did look a little heavy on soap. You wipe the soap with a wash mitt before rinsing correct? I also wouldn't let the soap sit long at all before wiping and rinsing unless the car is heavily soiled.
Something Iā€™ll correct for next time.

I do.

I def try not to. šŸ˜… I need a washing assistant! [opens Tindr app] šŸ¤£

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Something Iā€™ll correct for next time.

I do.

I def try not to. šŸ˜… I need a washing assistant! [opens Tindr app] šŸ¤£
I wash and rinse in sections, I do one side of car at a time, then front then back and finish with wheels. I never used a foam canon so not sure how that would effect things.
Sponsored