kipk49

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport
Country flag
They weren’t even expensive tires but they were z rated tires. But I figured I would give them a shot. They are Vellozza ZXV4 235 40ZR18. I like them
C7DEA74D-4B2B-46B6-B67C-22C7F173CD1D.jpeg
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them when it comes time for new tires. Were the OEM Goodyears particularly bad?

OP,

I'm not sure if this works for you, but
BMSPEC put an LSD on their Non-lsd Hatch.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/circuit-heart-time-attack-fk7.36412/#post-660079
All the hatches have L15s, I dunno if it's the same ring gear or not. He said that his LSD chatters at low speed, is that common?
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them when it comes time for new tires. Were the OEM Goodyears particularly bad?

All the hatches have L15s, I dunno if it's the same ring gear or not. He said that his LSD chatters at low speed, is that common?
Yes. especially 1.5 and 2 way diffs.

OP
OP

kipk49

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport
Country flag
Yes. especially 1.5 and 2 way diffs.
Interesting. He doesn't specify which diff he got from them (Stage 1/2, etc.), so I'm not sure if the basic one would do that as well.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag

You are getting the sport model so you will already have 18” rims so you might not have much of a problem with traction. I had the 16” narrower rims and could not stick first gear so I upgraded to 18’s plus better tires. If you still have a problem on take off with the factory tires, then better tires is the way to go. Because you will spend less money on a good set of tires then ripping into a LSD. It made a big difference on mine
Sponsored