Looking for something to cover the gray seats

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
I have had towels on the seats of all of my cars to keep them clean and reduce wear. My previous car was a 96 Accord and after 20 years and 225k miles the seats looked new. My EXT is Cosmic Blue with gray cloth. Well, not really gray, it's a strange shade of gray because I can not find any towels that even come close to the color. I thought about getting black towels, but I'm worried about the black rubbing off on the seats, or when it's raining and the seat gets wet. Anyone find something to use? Maybe a seat cover for the bottom part only? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
I have had towels on the seats of all of my cars to keep them clean and reduce wear. My previous car was a 96 Accord and after 20 years and 225k miles the seats looked new. My EXT is Cosmic Blue with gray cloth. Well, not really gray, it's a strange shade of gray because I can not find any towels that even come close to the color. I thought about getting black towels, but I'm worried about the black rubbing off on the seats, or when it's raining and the seat gets wet. Anyone find something to use? Maybe a seat cover for the bottom part only? Any suggestions?
I Scotch Guard the seats every 3 months. Go try looking at a fabric store, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn, Michaels etc etc. If you just want to cover the bottom, then make one. You can find a seamstress to fabricate the bottom. If you do go to any of the above store, there is usually a coupon for 40% to 60% off on a single item. I covered my armpads on the door panels for around $10.00 with leatherette/vinyl.

OP
OP

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
I'll go back to Jo-Ann's and look for some material so that I can make my own.

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I Scotch Guard the seats every 3 months. Go try looking at a fabric store, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn, Michaels etc etc. If you just want to cover the bottom, then make one. You can find a seamstress to fabricate the bottom. If you do go to any of the above store, there is usually a coupon for 40% to 60% off on a single item. I covered my armpads on the door panels for around $10.00 with leatherette/vinyl.
Chemical Guys has a Fabric Guard that seems to work pretty well.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Fabric_Guard_16_oz_p/spi_210_16.htm