Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
***UPDATE***

This car has been spoken for.

Guys,
If you're still looking but need 5ish months to work out the deposit, or just want to get yourself a nice Christmas present, here's one for you.

A dealer I talk with in Pennsylvania has a CW CTR arriving on lot in DEC/JAN time frame. Is it possible it shows up 3 months sooner? Maybe. No idea if it is going to be a 2018 or a 2019.

Anyway, it's MSRP. They haven't taken a deposit. They won't take deposits on units they haven't been allocated. This is apparently the NEXT AND ONLY unit allocated to them for the next 6 months!

They are a true MSRP dealer and won't force you to take anything. They may try to sell you on an extended warranty or a service agreement and for some people it's a really good deal. I personally opted for the wheel/tire protection package but that's it.

They are giving me a small referral for this some time after the sale goes through.

I know this is months off. I wonder if this is a sign of the draw-down of CTR production? Will there be a mid-cycle refresh? Unanswered questions at this time.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dealer? State? I would be interested depending on where the car is
I just edited OP to include state. my B!

It's in Pennsylvania. Hit me up for salesman contact info!

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah bummer I'm in Florida.
This might be spoken for already but....if not... just get it, we can get it transported to PPF, get it tinted, and it's ready to do a drive to Florida. You wouldn't be the first!

msberg911

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda S2000, 08 Civic, 05 Tundra
This might be spoken for already but....if not... just get it, we can get it transported to PPF, get it tinted, and it's ready to do a drive to Florida. You wouldn't be the first!
Yup, mine now! Just put a deposit down, MSRP CW. I'm in San Diego though, LOL.

Anyone recommend driving in the winter (Nov-Dec) or getting it transported. FYI i'm from Cali and have never driven in snow haha.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Yup, mine now! Just put a deposit down, MSRP CW. I'm in San Diego though, LOL.

Anyone recommend driving in the winter (Nov-Dec) or getting it transported. FYI i'm from Cali and have never driven in snow haha.
Given that you can't drive on the OEM tires in snow, I think you've just answered your own question!

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It won’t be significant snow up here that early. Any snow would only be an issue the day it’s falling- give it 24 hrs and it’s good.
Plan to go south on 81 and make your way down to I10...

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
It won’t be significant snow up here that early. Any snow would only be an issue the day it’s falling- give it 24 hrs and it’s good.
Plan to go south on 81 and make your way down to I10...
Temperature. Cold enough to snow, too cold to drive on those tires without wrecking them.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, snow isn't your issue. Under 40, these tires are hard as a rock and not exactly safe.
I haven’t tried them under 40 but I’ve done other summer tires under 40. At highway speed you won’t know the difference. Shouldn’t be driving a new car hard anyway imo.
Either way, nov/dec in PA where we are is usually 45-60 daytime temps. Just head south and it’ll be all good.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve driven the car in sub freezing temperatures (high teens and above) on the OEM tires... yeah I know, not supposed to but I had to get to work and it was the tail end of March so the weather should have warmed up (and I got the car mid March anyways). I didn’t feel unsafe at any speed. The wheels spun a bit off the line but that’s about it. Hopefully I didn’t damage them but to be honest these tires don’t have a long tread life to begin with so...

I won’t even try these on snow though. Nuh uh.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I had no choice but to drive through the Rockies to get home. Temp was in the low 20s.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Driving on these tires once or twice in the snow or temps below 40 degrees won't instantly destroy them. They'll be harder than normal and suck for traction but totally ok to drive on. If you have never driven in the snow plus summer tires I'd say probably just get it transported. I live in Reno, NV so getting over the sierras will be tough. Either snow and ice or covered in gravel aka destroy your front lip and bumper finish.

msberg911

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda S2000, 08 Civic, 05 Tundra
Thanks everyone for the great responses and information!
Sponsored