Llumar film question

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Hi folks,

I got a quote from a very highly regarded and reviewed installer locally for $499 to do the front bumper/facia, plus $150 to do the lights.

My question is: do the lights really need to be done? Light enclosures are pretty bullet-proof nowadays I thought. Not sure I care if I get any tiny rock pits on the light lens do I? Does the film help prevent or delay the fogging effect of the lens over time? My car is not a daily driver and is garaged, so I imagine it would be many years before I encounter a fogging issue anyway.

thanks!
Sponsored

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
It's always safe to use protective film on all surfaces of your car, especially the front end, if you daily drive it. If the film has UV protection properties, you can count on it to increase the longevity of the headlight's protective casing. That said, you don't daily your car so it's on you to weigh whether the cost of the film is worth the extra insurance in paint protection. Like your ride, mine is not a daily driver so I only have key areas wrapped in protective film in an effort to maintain a quality-looking finish. I'm also going to take the car in for ceramic coating to add another layer of protection against pollutants and enjoy easier times cleaning the car. :)

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I'm taking mine in next week to get the entire front end xpel'd. Cost me a mighty $1500, I don't daily the car but with how easy Honda paint chips I did not want to risk it. My previous 9th gen had a decent amount of rock chips with only 13k miles.

OP
OP

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
thanks folks. you are SO right about Honda paint. I have 2700 miles with a small chip at the point of the hood and two small ones on the side of the bumper. That's crazy. i am going to jump on this and get it done pronto.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
tree sap eats this crappy pain up literally instantly. i have etches in the clear from tree sap i never seen it this bad before in all the cars i owned before.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Definitely get it done! I'm not sure what front fascia/bumper entails, but i paid $1800 to do a paint correction, then cover bumper, lights, full hood, fenders, mirror caps. I also added the roof in for another $450 to protect from bird poops.

So worth it. 7400+ miles in and my front end is pristine! Got mine wrapped with STEK, similar to xpel and any other self-healing hydrophobic film. People complain about the piano black trim in the bumper getting scratched...mine's protected and looks slick and like new.

If you get a hydrophobic film, the effect may need to be refreshed using CarPro Reload. I noticed the surface of the film was not smooth anymore (i havent waxed or wiped the film with anything..been blowdrying it). This was the product recommended to me by STEK. Just applied it a month or so ago and it's back to its slick properties.
Sponsored

Last edited: