Lemon Law coming out of NC

jmsteel16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Being my first new car purchase, I aimed for the reliable, fun, and economical Civic. I absolutely love this car. The styling, the handling, the lanewatch, everything about it... if it ran. Problems started about a month after buying the vehicle, where at least once a month it would die while driving (not to mention the audio issues, quality issues etc...). The car would mainly die while on cruise at highway speeds (60mph and above), with the most dangerous situation being while passing a log truck on a rainy highway, with no shoulder. My local dealer has put 700 miles on the vehicle trying to duplicate the issue, I have video of the incidents (although audio quality is poor). Overall, the loss of power has happened at least 8 times in the 8,450 miles that are on the vehicle.

Items replaced/done so far
1) Disconnected my autodimming mirror
2) Replaced engine wire harness
3) Reflashed computer
4) Replaced computer
5) Stress tests, multiple, using all of my washer fluid, returning the car to me dirty, with scratches etc...

Overall I am done with it and moving on. Pissed that I am losing my investments on it (tint, etc...). Feel that I should begin the process in time to swap for a hatch, but I am tired of the issues and with my safety at stake, considering a Mustang at this point, it's just not worth it anymore. Can anyone help me with this? I have never had to file before and have no idea where to begin besides mailing the manufacturer in writing with a certified letter and contacting a lawyer. In January I am leaving for officer school with the air force, I would like to have it handled by then but I doubt it will be that simple. Any assistance is appreciated.
Sponsored

Nomar06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si Sedan
One of their "fixes" was disconnecting the autodimming mirror? WTF? What was their logic behind that?

I would read up on the NC Lemon Law and possibly contact a lawyer due to you being in a "time crunch". You dealing with Honda of America might have you wasting your time and being pushed around.

Hopefully it all ends well for you....

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Dealing with Honda on a Lemon is like pulling teeth on a fetus, ain't gonna happen. They are the most stubborn, and non conforming company I have ever dealt with. I have a ton of issues as well, and my brother is an attorney, he got the "old" "do as you wish" and look in the manual for the "arbitration agreement". That is all they will do. Like I have been saying 'NO MORE HONDA". My sister just got a Hyundai, and it is near perfect as you can find for the price point.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the first time I have heard of this. My guess would be its in the start button assy. Reminds me of the ignition switches in the Chevy's.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Can anyone help me with this? I have never had to file before and have no idea where to begin besides mailing the manufacturer in writing with a certified letter and contacting a lawyer. In January I am leaving for officer school with the air force, I would like to have it handled by then but I doubt it will be that simple. Any assistance is appreciated.
Sorry to hear about your problems, pretty shocking for a new car & a Honda at that - my dad is retired Air Force, so glad to help out.

Here is the web site for NC Attorney General & state lemon law http://www.ncdoj.com/Consumer/Automobiles/Lemon-Law.aspx (there is a number at the bottom of the page, call them for more info).

For an attorney, contact the local bar association - I've only been to Charlotte & here is the web site for that county http://www.meckbarlrs.org/

Make sure you document/record everything meticulously, as that is the way to win your case (& having a good attorney of course).
Sponsored