Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS

First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I figured there are already thousands of other people who've installed and showed off these Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0's. But I thought I'd add on anyways! Please feel free to re-post this on an existing thread if there is one that already exists.

My Civic: 2018 Hatchback Sport

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS stock halogen

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS morimoto 2stroke 2.0

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update after first night out!

No flickering of any kind. In case anyone was wondering!

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got mine off Amazon for $120. A little on the pricey side, but you do have a 3 yr warranty from a reputable company. If the LED's start to go bad on you within those 3 years; at least the company will still be around to help replace the bulbs via the warranty.

So if you got the available $$$ I say go for them. After a few months of research these bulbs seemed like the best to purchase.

Last edited:

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
i just got mine i am having a hard time puting them in they will not fit in the slots and turn or maybe i am doing some thing wrong and info on what to do Just Another Civic

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i just got mine i am having a hard time puting them in they will not fit in the slots and turn or maybe i am doing some thing wrong and info on what to do Just Another Civic
Thanks for reaching out! So there are two parts to installing your H11 2Strokes.

First part, the H11 bulbs have three retainers that have unique slots it belongs in (represented with the first picture; retainers are pointed with blue arrows. third retainer isn't shown in picture). If you look at the 3 metal retainers, you will notice that two are the same and one is not. You must match these unique retainers in the belonged slot; there is only one possible way the bulbs will fit flush. Once you've placed the retainers in the appropriate slots you will notice they sit flush and aren't crooked or sitting uneven.

Second part, the plastic ring which sits on the body of the LED bulb (represented in the second picture, blue arrow pointing to the yellow plastic piece) is actually a squishy piece of plastic which connects the LED bulb with the headlight housing, and will stop any dirt and gunk from getting into your headlight housing. Once your LED bulbs are sitting flush in the retainer slot, you must push in and turn to lock your LED bulbs in. I must admit, you need to push a good amount of pressure down on the LED bulb before being able to turn and lock it in.

I have bigger hands so this was a challenge for me for the first couple of tries, but I pretty much had one hand on the headlight and with the other on the back of the LED BULB.... I just PUSHED IN and TURNED. (took me about 3-4 tries each bulb, since you don't have a good amount of leverage from the angle you're installing from... either that, or I didn't just have good form :dunno:)

Sorry bub, best advice I could give to you, it was a challenge. Just make sure your LED bulbs are SITTING FLUSH in the appropriate retainer slots before PUSHING/SQUEEZING and TURNING.

Let me know how it goes! And shoot me a pic when you get them installed. Good Luck! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS h11 morimoto 2stroke 2 0   retainers

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS h11 morimoto 2stroke 2 0 plastic seal

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a drive at night with the GF and was able to make a vid for anyone interested in what the 2Stroke's look like during night time driving in the big city. Sorry for the somewhat crappy video quality. Just recorded with my Google Pixel 2XL. Thanks for watching!

Smokefest85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Thank you for the info I went away on a business trip I should be putting them in tomorrow thank you for the help will post pic when I get them in

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are LED bulbs which generally typically don't do well in the rain. In my experience with no sugar coating, they are just average in the rain. If you read around and do some research, you will see that LEDs are the lowest performing vs halogens or HIDs bulbs.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
They are LED bulbs which generally typically don't do well in the rain. In my experience with no sugar coating, they are just average in the rain. If you read around and do some research, you will see that LEDs are the lowest performing vs halogens or HIDs bulbs.
I've had some halogens be so awful in the winter those old giant flashlights with the huge battery seemed to have more light, and we all know those were crap. That said i'd still presume some led's might suffer. Honestly i'm leaning towards LED lowbeam, and keeping halogen fog light just incase until i find a brand i know is decent. I'm leaning katana over the morimoto though. A $50 gamble is easier to stomach, especially when the "performance" per some testing website is almost the same.

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had some halogens be so awful in the winter those old giant flashlights with the huge battery seemed to have more light, and we all know those were crap. That said i'd still presume some led's might suffer. Honestly i'm leaning towards LED lowbeam, and keeping halogen fog light just incase until i find a brand i know is decent. I'm leaning katana over the morimoto though. A $50 gamble is easier to stomach, especially when the "performance" per some testing website is almost the same.
Shoot up pictures on this thread when you get them installed, would love to see the performance on those katanas :).

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Shoot up pictures on this thread when you get them installed, would love to see the performance on those katanas :).
Can do. I ordered them last night so if the weather warms up soon i can add them in. I'm hoping the Katana are decent. the rumor is they're the same thing as the supernova v4's but being sold at 1/4th the cost.
Sponsored