Is it stupid to buy online? Can I cancel if I see a problem?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So I am all set to buy the Civic Touring. I know I love it and I can't think of anything better. But the dealer I am going to buy from is two hours away. He has one in transit in my color. My bank wants the VIN number and sales agreement for the loan etc. Is this a bad idea to do this all at home? If I get to the dealer and the car suddenly has a smashed fender or something can I cancel?
Sponsored

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I'm buying my touring coupe from a dealer who's an hour from me (pick it up tomorrow). I got my pre approval from Cap One but all they wanted was the Vin. I can still back out if for some reason I don't want the car. The $500 deposit I put down is refundable. It sounds as if in your case your bank won't approve you until it's already a done deal. That's not right. Lots/most get a pre approval of up to a certain amount before making a deal.

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm buying my touring coupe from a dealer who's an hour from me (pick it up tomorrow). I got my pre approval from Cap One but all they wanted was the Vin. I can still back out if for some reason I don't want the car. The $500 deposit I put down is refundable. It sounds as if in your case your bank won't approve you until it's already a done deal. That's not right. Lots/most get a pre approval of up to a certain amount before making a deal.
Well they said they approved me conditionally. The conditions being basically I buy the car I said I'd buy.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
That's pretty much how it worked for me. As long as I get the Civic coupe touring I'm good. Should I buy a different car I'd have to get the pre-approval done again.
Sponsored