Is it possible to change the dash color ?

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Yea, I kinda want the opposite of what Balty is looking for. I want the Hatchback Sport, but with Blue/green gauges.. :doh: I figure if he/she found a way to change blue to red, it's the same way to turn red to blue.
I like the red colour of the tach, but on another thread we were discussing how the needle blends in with the dial. I think the blue dial would show the needle far more clearly
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch

Kinetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I like the red colour of the tach, but on another thread we were discussing how the needle blends in with the dial. I think the blue dial would show the needle far more clearly
To each their own on colour preferences.
It is ironic the Sport models have a tach needle that blends into the background when the people who buy the sport models are usually the ones actually looking at the tach.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But the rev line beneath the needle is colored red, so you can clearly see the current revs. I don't see any problem with it.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
But the rev line beneath the needle is colored red, so you can clearly see the current revs. I don't see any problem with it.
Eh, sort of, but it's a thin strip right next to the very end of the needle. I tried taking a pic but it blended into the silvery pseudo "bezel" at the perimeter of the rpm dial.

I'd change it to a simpler background without any faded red color inboard of the number track (or at least a lot dimmer).

This is my first tach without a full-length needle, too. I didn't expect that I'd miss it so much.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to change the dash color ? IMG_3272.JPG

frijol7

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
So you were able to modify the dash? How?
I'd change it to a simpler background without any faded red color inboard of the number track (or at least a lot dimmer).

This is my first tach without a full-length needle, too. I didn't expect that I'd miss it so much.

IMG_3272.JPG

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm looking into getting a Civic, and I was wondering if you had any progress on changing the colour of the tachometer?

What's in the "configuration of instrument panel" settings as shown in the pic below?
upload_2017-5-5_9-44-37.png

upload_2017-5-5_9-26-46.png
Configure instrument panel lets you add, delete, and change the order and which icons show up under your speedometer.
You can have things like your current mpg, messages,the turbo boost guage, what song or radio station you are listening to,and a couple others displayed. Only one at a time though.
Ex: the pic in the post above mine had the turbo boost guage displayed.
At least this is what it does on my EX-T coupe.
You can also have three sets of different things,in different order etc . And switch between them.

Last edited:

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Don’t really need a tach on an auto.

I remember Civic DX’s not even having one on the manual. Lol. That might have been cheaping out too much.

On the new Civic automatics does Honda default it to off or on?

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Don’t really need a tach on an auto.

I remember Civic DX’s not even having one on the manual. Lol. That might have been cheaping out too much.

On the new Civic automatics does Honda default it to off or on?
No idea about the default setting, but it's a nice perk on the paddle-shifted Sport hatchbacks.

My first Civic, a DX hatch from '86, didn't have a tach like you said. I learned to shift by engine noise and road speed.
Sponsored