danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
I got another question?!? His the first time I hear this what is the difference from front pipe to down pipe I use to have a 9thgen civic si and I only needed a downpipe!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
^ That's actually a pretty solid answer. This is one of the reasons why we find blogs to be important. Because it allows us a good medium to communicate to enthusiast about a product. Obviously some are more educated than others and vice versa so we do our best to write in a nice and simple easy to read format that is still enjoyable.
Yeap. Btw in looking at your intake it interested me due that it takes cold air but at the same time it’s protected form water!! Do you guys have more data on your intake?

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeap. Btw in looking at your intake it interested me due that it takes cold air but at the same time it’s protected form water!! Do you guys have more data on your intake?
Did you check out the blogs on the intake? Full of info and explanation of how it works. It also seems that the product page was recently updated with a video

https://www.27won.com/blog/27won-honda-civic-intake-design-breakdown-round-2

https://www.27won.com/blog/27won-honda-civic-intake-design-breakdown

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
I know 27Won did all the research and also mishimoto you can see the videos but haven’t seen nothing on PRL, Injen etc but power wise PRL seem the best
Not sure how you missed that but PRL did plenty of research, data, and real testing to back up their products, including the cobra. Might want to look into their specific forums and website

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure how you missed that but PRL did plenty of research, data, and real testing to back up their products, including the cobra. Might want to look into their specific forums and website
Yes thanks just got the info!! And yes has far has I can see PRL Cibra CAI seems the best

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know 27Won did all the research and also mishimoto you can see the videos but haven’t seen nothing on PRL, Injen etc but power wise PRL seem the best
PRL has long threads that followed the R&D of all their products with extensive testing and commentary on their stuff. If you haven't seen it, just look around this forum. As far as asking the company that manufactures the products, of course they are going to tell you they are they best. look at the independent testing. Hondata did an intake test before PRL came out, once they tested the PRL it was hands down the intake to get. Ktuner Vit and our other tuners on this board have seen multiple logs from all the intakes on the market and so far the only one to nail the STFT and LTFT is the PRL. The 27Won obviously hasnt been available to test in the wild yet so we have no independent verification from them but that should be coming soon.

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
PRL has long threads that followed the R&D of all their products with extensive testing and commentary on their stuff. If you haven't seen it, just look around this forum. As far as asking the company that manufactures the products, of course they are going to tell you they are they best. look at the independent testing. Hondata did an intake test before PRL came out, once they tested the PRL it was hands down the intake to get. Ktuner Vit and our other tuners on this board have seen multiple logs from all the intakes on the market and so far the only one to nail the STFT and LTFT is the PRL. The 27Won obviously hasnt been available to test in the wild yet so we have no independent verification from them but that should be coming soon.
And they are working with Hondata to develop maps for the intake....27WON that is, the test on the PRL was an ethanol blend tune which not many will do....

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And they are working with Hondata to develop maps for the intake....27WON that is, the test on the PRL was an ethanol blend tune which not many will do....
my guess would be yes since they appeared to be working together on the Turbo. And hondata usually puts out basemaps for the various name brand intakes out on the market.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
my guess would be yes since they appeared to be working together on the Turbo. And hondata usually puts out basemaps for the various name brand intakes out on the market.
Yes but the PRL one was an E85 blend if I remember correctly......why not just a 91/93 pump gas one that most would use?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes but the PRL one was an E85 blend if I remember correctly......why not just a 91/93 pump gas one that most would use?
true but the fuel type wont affect the AFM so it will fuel correctly whether its 87 91 93 or e30

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
My wife and I have the exact same car save color. I installed the K&N kit and I definitely notice a huge difference across the entire acceleration curve. Driving her car without it feels suffocated. The "official" dyno results in a gain of around 3hp, which is quite noticeable. I also appreciate the improved growl on acceleration. High speed acceleration and passing is an even bigger difference.

This is on the 2.0NA, so you may or may not see any difference on the 1.5t without other mods.

Honda Civic 10th gen Intakes! Let’s talk about that! 20180330_141722

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Waiting for my Mishimoto intake to show up.
That I take is a joke. Dyno proven to add zero HP.

Hondata dyno tested it. You can find the vid on YouTube.

Send it back

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
That I take is a joke. Dyno proven to add zero HP.

Hondata dyno tested it. You can find the vid on YouTube.

Send it back
This video? Dyno proven to add +3 HP......after 5000rpms. lol

I remember people clowning on this video a while back pointing out how they did the SRI tests with the hood closed, and the CAI tests with the intakes sticking directly into the fan's airflow.

Regardless, CAIs would still get the best performance gains over SRIs. If OP is trying to get max gains, then almost any CAI would do. PRL's Cobra would probably be the best at the moment since they're actively researching and developing on the 1.5T Civics.

Me, I'm rockin a Mishimoto just for the sound and factory look.
Sponsored