Instrument Panel Problem

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
My Civic EX-T had been trouble free until yesterday. I went to start it and notice on the instrument panel the Honda logo didn't appear when I first got in and once started the flashy startup display. After it started the instrument panel displayed a flashing red dot in the lower left but the center panel was very dimmed and the fuel mileage meter, gas and temp gauges did not display at all. The rest of the systems appeared to be fine such as the head unit, a/c fan and backup camera.

I did the universal Honda fix and disconnected the battery to reboot it which worked (must be a Microsoft car). After rebooting it initially displayed several warning lights which then turned off within a minute but my trip odometers and fuel mileage meter were reset to zero.

Just curious if anyone has had this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
Did you not try shutting off the car/turning it back on first? I didn't see that as a step. First thing I would have done. Not to mention, you should have recorded or took pictures of the problem, incase the issue returns and it becomes a warranty matter.

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
Yes I turned it off and on several times and the IP still did not display correctly.
I even drove it about a mile then turned around and shut it off and decided to disconnect the battery which worked.

I should have taken a picture...I was a little pissed off with it at the time. lol

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you not try shutting off the car/turning it back on first? I didn't see that as a step. First thing I would have done. Not to mention, you should have recorded or took pictures of the problem, incase the issue returns and it becomes a warranty matter.
Shutting the car off doesn't power down all the systems. It doesn't fix anything on this car.

Reset the system by holding the audio power button or if things are dyer then pulling the battery plug is the way to go.

schmaustech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Had this happen as well. However it came back after the car sat for 7 hours. Did not need to reboot or remove battery cable. Starting to think the software on these Civics is garbage.
Sponsored