How to clean the front seats?

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
Country flag
Can any of you advise me on how to clean the front seats, preferably a product that is cheap, easily accessible, and will not ruin the material? After three years of daily driving, they are showing a little dirt. Many years ago, I purchased a leather cleaner for my Acura's seats and it stained them. Thanks for your advice.
And I assume that once I clean them I should let it dry overnight?
Sponsored

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Can any of you advise me on how to clean the front seats, preferably a product that is cheap, easily accessible, and will not ruin the material? After three years of daily driving, they are showing a little dirt. Many years ago, I purchased a leather cleaner for my Acura's seats and it stained them. Thanks for your advice.
Si owner here so fabric seats here mind you. I used a mix of water and laundry detergent per my research and it worked great. " Little light " scrubbing action with a wash cloth and let dry. You don't need much honestly so really it shouldn't get that wet and it smells good after.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'd personally just use a quality wet vac, no detergent, and really hot water then make sure to extract all moisture with the vaccum. After that seal with formula 303 to give it longer protection.

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I've used Sonax Alcantera cleaner on my seats with good success. Also have been able to get oil stains out using this method (required multiple applications though). That said, you can try to use a suede/nubuck brush first to see if you can brush off some of the crud (it's always the first step I do before applying Sonar anyways). Though with 3 years worth of stuff, some of it might be baked on good so brushing alone may not be the solution.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Sonax, and don't try to be "cheap" and just use anything. Expensive good cleaner is much less than getting the seats recovered. Spend twenty dollars today, or a thousand tomorrow.

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Also recommend Sonax, and also get a leather/alcantera brush if you want the mouse hairs to stand up like new.
Be sure to follow instructions, and do complete sections

Iam80sbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R (Sold), 2001 Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Sonax seems to be the winner! Anyone use any protectant on the Alcantara?
Sponsored