First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This question really has no "correct" answer because it all depends.

Some major factors to consider when you consider "when to wax".

Where is your car parked? Is it in a garage most of the time? Is it exposed to the elements? Is it parked in a parking lot with lots of other cars at work?
How much do you drive your car? What sort of driving do you mostly do? Highway? City? Backroads?
What sort of wax do you plan on using?

I live near D.C. and to keep it looking nice and shiny, it requires a lot of work and waxing probably every 2-2.5 months if I really want to keep it top condition. While the wax/sealant that I use probably could last longer, because my car is exposed to all sorts things such as tree sap, pollen, bird droppings, industrial fall out, etc... I wax more often if I got the time.
Sponsored

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
After doing a lot of research and shopping around, I'm finally getting my first brand new car this Sunday!!! EX hatchback WOP. Really excited. And with that said I am pretty new with cars overall and since I've been getting into it a lot I want to take very good care of my car. I already bought quite a bit of products and washed, clayed, polished, and waxed my current beamer.

How often should I be waxing a new car? Once every few months or more often than that?

And anything you recommend that I should do/buy to keep the exterior and interior pristine that have worked best for you?
As often as you'd like. If you're using a typical wax and wash your car frequently wax your car as the shine fades which will likely be monthly.

Budgetplan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX, 2016 Civic Coupe, 2004 Corvette,
Coating > Sealant > Wax

Point being, you really wanna touch the paint as little as possible, no matter how OCD you are regarding wash methods. Also, traditional wax attracts a lot more dust than a sealant or a coating. If you want to try a wax-ish product with some longevity, Finish Kare 100p is kinda bad-azz.

http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html

MoarButtery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the good advice everyone! I've been looking into getting a liquid wax this time around. I heard Meguiar's Ultimate liquid wax is good but also came across Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. Anyone know which one is better to get? Thanks.
I just used the Meguiar's Ultimate Paste wax on my Civic and works wonderfully
Sponsored