How are your Si’s holding up?

hashsi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
just hit 1900 miles 1 month in. No problems so far!

How are you guys holding up?

Nice to not have to keep making trips to the dealer!
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Mine handled a massive pothole blew out the tire but the wheel held up. Otherwise everything has been great.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Love the performance for the money, but really getting down on the fit and finish. It started out feeling solid and very high quality, but within a few months the rattles and buzzing started. Now I have rattles in both a pillars, rattling sounds coming from the rear windshield, random occasional buzzing from the dashboard, and the worst and most annoying of all, a squeaky driver seat. I've owned cheaper cars before, and none of them ever had so many rattles and squeaks.

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
12k miles on mine. I did experience the suspension noise in the really cold weather but its been fine in the more normal temps. Owners complain about a "weak" clutch but I have not experienced it one bit. I am keeping the Si stock which will be a first. I am more than pleased with it in stock form and impressed with its performance out of the box. I am amazed I can get in the mid 40's mpg with this thing. Truly great engineering in this little engine. Everything feels solid and well put together. More so than my 9th gen Si I had. The panel gaps could be better though.

OP
OP

hashsi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
There is one thing I noticed, not sure if normal or not. When I turn on AC and its blowing really hard there is a noise in the vents. Almost like paper or plastic flapping somewhere.

Normal?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I have had almost 10k km trouble-free driving in my 2018 SI.
Going in for my first oil change next week.

Deleted member

Close to 5k miles here and no issues of any kind- no rattles either. My 2013 Si had quite a bit of annoying rattling by this point.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mechanically, it sounds like my fuel injectors are chirping irregularly, but only once the engine has warmed up. 9K miles.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
26,000 miles. No major rattles, but a few transient little ones. I can feel a bigger difference between "normal" and Sport mode now. Bone stock and purring nicely.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
About 13k miles, almost 10 months, and it's been perfect so far (knocking on wood...) :thumbsup:

Had an intermittent rattle from the glovebox, but it either disappeared or my brain just turned it off eventually; no other problems. (I'm presuming the OP question is about reliability, so I'm not counting the by-design annoyances, like not having a spare tire as a proper option or not being able to shut off the engine while keeping the audio (radio/phone/etc.) on -- what the hell were they thinking...? :nono:)

Last edited:

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Love the performance for the money, but really getting down on the fit and finish. It started out feeling solid and very high quality, but within a few months the rattles and buzzing started. Now I have rattles in both a pillars, rattling sounds coming from the rear windshield, random occasional buzzing from the dashboard, and the worst and most annoying of all, a squeaky driver seat. I've owned cheaper cars before, and none of them ever had so many rattles and squeaks.
After 4 months and 2K miles, have the same issues, except the rear window and driver's seat. These things ruin an otherwise fun driving experience. In addition, when I play the radio, the bass rattles the same areas even at low volume (10 - 12). The dealer cannot locate and fix (so they say). The Android radio O.S. is poor. Bluetooth cuts off at random times, freezes the phone or radio, or just will not work for a couple of days. The radio randomly freezes once a week and nothing works until I turn off the car or reset the audio system. These things are so frequent and bad handsfree is useless. While deciding my Si's future, I am going to cancel Sirius and park the car for a long while and drive my other ones.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After 4 months and 2K miles, have the same issues, except the rear window and driver's seat. These things ruin an otherwise fun driving experience. In addition, when I play the radio, the bass rattles the same areas even at low volume (10 - 12). The dealer cannot locate and fix (so they say). The Android radio O.S. is poor. Bluetooth cuts off at random times, freezes the phone or radio, or just will not work for a couple of days. The radio randomly freezes once a week and nothing works until I turn off the car or reset the audio system. These things are so frequent and bad handsfree is useless. I am going to cancel Sirius and park the car for a long while and drive my other ones.
Haven't had those levels of software issues, but I have had random disconnects from Android Auto and 50% of the time, attempting to activate the Google Voice Actions causes the voice recognition prompt to come up and freeze in place for a good 10 secs, until it finally unfreezes and attempts to fullfil the request.
Sponsored