Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I'm running 5w-30 too. I haven't noticed an increase in temps at all. I also don't monitor ecu temps too much unless I'm at the track. I'm also in the South Florida heat keep in mind. So, just make sure you're not over analyzing. Rise in temps is ok as long as it's not out of hand and car can't cool itself down.
Good to hear bro. I'm in south Florida too. Running Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20 in my FK8 right now but come April / May I'm highly considering going to 5W-30. Custom Tuned, FBO around 385HP. I think that's enough of a change to warrant the heavier oil. Down here in the summer I have to imagine the 0w20 is becoming extremely thin. I keep second guessing the decision though lol.
Sponsored

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Good to hear bro. I'm in south Florida too. Running Amsoil Signature Series 0W-20 in my FK8 right now but come April / May I'm highly considering going to 5W-30. Custom Tuned, FBO around 385HP. I think that's enough of a change to warrant the heavier oil. Down here in the summer I have to imagine the 0w20 is becoming extremely thin. I keep second guessing the decision though lol.
Get your 0W 20 analyzed. The lab should be able to tell you if there are issues with your current oil viscosity.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Get your 0W 20 analyzed. The lab should be able to tell you if there are issues with your current oil viscosity.
I have the Blackstone Container sitting in the other room. I'm getting a new grill and oil change Monday morning. I'll send the oil off to the lab Monday afternoon. Are you thinking the engine Temps alone will show what I need to see? Meaning we've had way cooler weather through this batch of oil? I'm wondering if the results would be much different from oil ran through the brutal South Florida Hell Summer

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I have the Blackstone Container sitting in the other room. I'm getting a new grill and oil change Monday morning. I'll send the oil off to the lab Monday afternoon. Are you thinking the engine Temps alone will show what I need to see? Meaning we've had way cooler weather through this batch of oil? I'm wondering if the results would be much different from oil ran through the brutal South Florida Hell Summer
If you have/had a baseline or oil analysis history that would make it easier to determine, but generally they should be able to tell if the oil is shearing or breaking down or going beyond its rated viscosity range and to diagnose if any increased wear is being caused as a result. I think the Amsoil Signature is pretty strong stuff, that's what I run too. I can't say on a tuned fk8 though whether it is necessary or at what point it would be necessary to alter the viscosity.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
If you have/had a baseline or oil analysis history that would make it easier to determine, but generally they should be able to tell if the oil is shearing or breaking down or going beyond its rated viscosity range and to diagnose if any increased wear is being caused as a result. I think the Amsoil Signature is pretty strong stuff, that's what I run too. I can't say on a tuned fk8 though whether it is necessary or at what point it would be necessary to alter the viscosity.
Awesome bro thanks for the replies.. I'll see what Blackstone has to say and then get some feedback from some people if it's a move I should consider. I'm just starting a new tune with Kefi, who also lives in Florida and owns a super high HP Type R. I'm sure he can give me some insight.
Sponsored