Hey Garmin...We need an Map Update!

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same problem, and spend a long time on the phone with Garmin. Until there was a first update, I got that message. Was told an update should be available soon. A few days later the update downloaded.

I suspected they have a limited number of servers dedicated to the lengthy downloads, and they roll out the update in stages rather than all eligible cars at once. Why on earth they couldn't get the message to say "No update available yet" is anyone's guess.

Now I'm not sure whether the problem was no update available or a glitch with the program that someone fixed.
Based on what I was told...a glitch in the program. But who really knows?
Sponsored

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A question...can you play mp3's while doing the Garmin update or will that screw things up?

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
A question...can you play mp3's while doing the Garmin update or will that screw things up?
The download from Garmin to your USB on your PC takes time; the upload from the USB to the car took only about 20 min. I wouldn't risk playing mp3 on one port while updating the maps on the other.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Are these updates just for maps? Or do they fix bugs?

I Have experienced a bug where the map stops moving/updating until I exit and re-enter maps

I have an early touring made November 15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
My dealer's service department was zero help with my problems updating the map, swearing they had no idea about downloading anything and insisting I needed to "go online and purchase a usb."

But, I finally figured it out following the directions on garmin.com/honda and by seeing on a message board that the video showed the wrong USB port. On my 2016 Civic Touring the correct USB port is the one located under the dash on the driver's side of the car.
And, you really need to make certain you have a full 16GB on your disk/flash/SD. A 16GB flash drive with 1.5GB used for programs was not OK.
Figuring out these two problems took a couple of days because the car kept telling me it could not read the inserted discs.
Once I got the right port and disc, it took one minute to download the map data on the the disc and about 40 minutes to download the new maps onto the disc. The maps then uploaded into the car is less than 20 minutes.

This was an unnecessarily painful process because the dealer didn't know anything, the Garmin video was wrong and the directions were not clear. But, it all worked in the end.

Last edited:

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can someone confirm the latest map batch please?

I'm having a weird issue after having done one map update last summer, getting my head unit replaced under warranty because of blinking green screen, and now the car randomly says there's an update and the map is over a year old, but both Garmin Express and the car tell me it's updated when I try to update?

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know if there would be a difference between US and Canada, but launching Garmin Express shows everything is up to date for me.

Version: 2.83
Map: US & Canada 2017.0
Sponsored