Help with 8th gen civic suspension ?

siddarth90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 lx
I was changing my brakes on the car and i found this, i have no idea why this is hanging out ? Is this a concern, please help my car (07 lx) has 117k miles on it. Please see the image below.

Honda Civic 10th gen Help with 8th gen civic suspension ? {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Help with 8th gen civic suspension ? civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Help with 8th gen civic suspension ? civic

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
That looks like someone forgot to replace two bolts after doing subframe work, and the bracket has deformed since it had no fastening points. Did you get work done on subframe recently? It doesn't look like the bolts sheared off, because they're nowhere to be seen. Looks like they were removed and never replaced.

Not only is it cause for concern, that looks almost undriveable as your subframe integrity is compromised, and you know, it's kind of important in your car staying together.

Best case scenario, you'll weld that part and re-mount the subframe. Worst case scenario, is a subframe replacement.

Here's what you're looking at, and what part of the car it belongs to.
Honda Civic 10th gen Help with 8th gen civic suspension ? sO1C4M8

...or, you bought a wreck that's been fixed in somebody's backyard.

Last edited:
OP
OP

siddarth90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 lx
That looks like someone forgot to replace two bolts after doing subframe work, and the bracket has deformed since it had no fastening points. Did you get work done on subframe recently? It doesn't look like the bolts sheared off, because they're nowhere to be seen. Looks like they were removed and never replaced.

Not only is it cause for concern, that looks almost undriveable as your subframe integrity is compromised, and you know, it's kind of important in your car staying together.

Best case scenario, you'll weld that part and re-mount the subframe. Worst case scenario, is a subframe replacement.

Here's what you're looking at, and what part of the car it belongs to.
Honda Civic 10th gen Help with 8th gen civic suspension ? sO1C4M8

...or, you bought a wreck that's been fixed in somebody's backyard.
Thanks a lot !!! . My car has been vibrating like crazy at higher speeds and getting uneven wear. I guess this is the reason. Yes its a wrecked car I bought a yr ago. Not a good deal for me. Thanks again

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
...you drove it like that for a year??

"Not a good deal" is a big understatement man. It's borderline unsafe.
Sponsored