Mono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
So a stupid young girl decided to make a left turn instead of yielding. I dodged her and then i dodged the car behind her, then hit a 300 yr old embankment. Honda is doing what they do best and completely trying smack me lol. below are the pictures and the quote they gave me. First im asking for someone to tell me if I really need everything they are stating i need. Second I will tell you that i looked up every oem part and found all of them for right at 3000. My question is can anyone tell by looking if there are any aftermarket upgrades i could get instead of oem? Thank you for your time. Also i didnt throw one cel or airbag
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Left Front
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 01
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 02
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 03
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 05
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 06
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 08
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 09
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 16
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 17
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 19
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 20
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 23
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.54.36 AM
Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.54.53 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 01

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 02

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 03

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 05

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 06

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 08

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 09

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 11

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 12

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 13

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 14

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 15

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 16

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 17

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 18

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 19

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 20

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Photo 23

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Right Front

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Right Rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.54.36 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Help. Need Sound Supsension advice!!! Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 9.54.53 AM

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You found everything online at the shady parts website price, you mean. Dealers are supposed to work everything out at MSRP with insurance companies and these look just about right for OEM parts from any manufacturer, body parts ain't cheap; though if you have a problem with what they quoted, you should definitely confront them about it. Paint supplies being quoted as an hourly rate is something I would ask about.

Doesn't look like you need a hub and control arm, but if you hit something hard enough to bend a wheel there's probably more damage than pictures can show. On the aftermarket side, your insurance probably won't okay any upgraded parts that aren't already on the car but a new sway bar and stab links would be a good upgrade with what's already getting replaced. Radiator too since they're taking the core support off. Maybe a new bumper and splitter if you fancy one.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
100% do not need everything they recommend

Definitely a new core support (wheel and tire, obviously)

Reuse the castle nuts, cotter pins and any other hardware.

If you look thru my posts I've been similar situations... a few times. Found all OE body parts from salvage yards, Facebook, OfferUp, car-parts.com, eBay, ahparts.com, and the list goes on. I've replaced the bumper cover 4 times with OE color matched covers at $100, fender at $120, 3 hoods at $300. Did all the work myself.

I slid into a curb once, bent the LCA, broke the stabilizer link, blew up the CV - fixed everything my self but paid the dealership, I have friends in the parts department so I get the list price and not the net price

But I kept having alignment issues and was hearing a growling noise that I assumed was the tire. Had multiple dealerships and techs check it out. All but 1 said I needed a new subframe. Total bs. One tech brought me back and explained something very important.

Follow the direction of impact. The smaller and weak components will break and absorb the shock. The subframe is a heavy piece of metal, not likely to bend. He said it was likely the knuckle. And it was. Ordered one from ahparts.com and replace it. Fixed the alignment and the noise.

And they said you need a new bumper? I don't see anything wrong.

Undercarriage, sure, it's cheap and easy to install... I've done it 3 times

What's all this about door shells? Unnecessary. If you can live with a few cosmetic imperfections, don't bother.

So, you can go through insurance, have an accident on your record, depreciate your cars value and increase your insurance plus pay the deductible.

Or, search around, find what you need from the list above and do the work yourself. And you can throw on upgrades while you're at it.

Tbh, what concerns me is your fender being bent back... might have some major body damage where the strut attaches.

If you can, record a video and get distance shots as well as close up. It would help me out to see everything like that.

Lmao they .3 for disconnecting the battery! And .5 for tire install and balance!
They are definitely hitting you hard.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
You found everything online at the shady parts website price, you mean. Dealers are supposed to work everything out at MSRP with insurance companies and these look just about right for OEM parts from any manufacturer, body parts ain't cheap; though if you have a problem with what they quoted, you should definitely confront them about it. Paint supplies being quoted as an hourly rate is something I would ask about.

Doesn't look like you need a hub and control arm, but if you hit something hard enough to bend a wheel there's probably more damage than pictures can show. On the aftermarket side, your insurance probably won't okay any upgraded parts that aren't already on the car but a new sway bar and stab links would be a good upgrade with what's already getting replaced. Radiator too since they're taking the core support off. Maybe a new bumper and splitter if you fancy one.
they were 100% shady. I went online to honda oem authorized delaer and got everything for $3200 - one wedsport and two tires. When i called and confronted them they didnt even know what to say. So glad i did my own research

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
they were 100% shady. I went online to honda oem authorized delaer and got everything for $3200 - one wedsport and two tires. When i called and confronted them they didnt even know what to say. So glad i did my own research
and im no mechanic but i dont see any reason to remove the core support since there was absolutely no damage done to it. my question is, how should i go about picking sway bar and stab links?

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
and im no mechanic but i dont see any reason to remove the core support since there was absolutely no damage done to it. my question is, how should i go about picking sway bar and stab links?
I'd browse the forum and see what other users have had experience with and what vendors have listed on their websites to see what each one is suited for

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Here's my question: what do you want your car to feel like?

It ultimately depends where and how the car is driven - on the track, around town, mostly highway...

Honda paid engineers millions of dollars to build the best and balanced vehicle for all conditions.

As my automotive professors would say, "once you start [messing] with your car, you become the chief engineer."

I haven't replaced my sway bar or links yet, but I've read good things about these:
https://www.27won.com/projectcars/blog/demo-post-2

Note: these will make the ride more stiff, which is great for the track. But not so great driving in town

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag

From personal experience, I respectfully disagree about need a new hub/knuckle. With an impact that hard, it's likely the bearings are messed up or the knuckle is bent. This happened to me when I slid into a curb. Not 100% sure if it was bad bearings or a bent knuckle. I ordered the entire unit from ahparts.com and it fixed my issue.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
From personal experience, I respectfully disagree about need a new hub/knuckle. With an impact that hard, it's likely the bearings are messed up or the knuckle is bent. This happened to me when I slid into a curb. Not 100% sure if it was bad bearings or a bent knuckle. I ordered the entire unit from ahparts.com and it fixed my issue.
thank you I went ahead and ordered it
Sponsored