Helicopter sound at idle

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
So my 2016 Civic EX has a little over 100 miles. I get to work this morning and as I am sitting there idling before turning off the car, I hear a light helicopter sound, you know the quick whup-whup-whup-whup like rotor blades chopping the air. I turned off the car because I was sure it was just a helicopter off in the distance, but the sound stopped when the car did, and resumed when I started the car again. It appears to be coming from beyond the dash? Has anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
So my 2016 Civic EX has a little over 100 miles. I get to work this morning and as I am sitting there idling before turning off the car, I hear a light helicopter sound, you know the quick whup-whup-whup-whup like rotor blades chopping the air. I turned off the car because I was sure it was just a helicopter off in the distance, but the sound stopped when the car did, and resumed when I started the car again. It appears to be coming from beyond the dash? Has anyone experienced this?
I haven't but maybe a sticker came loose near the fan or something? If you haven't already I would do a quick visual inspection just to make sure there isn't anything near there, fan blades breaking can cause a myriad of issues!

OP
OP

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I went back out on lunch and didn't hear the sound. If it happens again I'll pop the hood, thanks!
Sponsored