Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
Hey guys, today I went to install headlights on my civic si. The drivers side worked perfectly. The passenger side’s day time running lights did nothing work.
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please DD0E3963-4CBD-41D9-BD0F-C6897380818D

I tried many different orientations and could not get that daytime running light on during any setting.

After that, I took off the new ones and was just going to throw the stock lights back on while I wait for a new part or something.

I’m deeply confused because when I put my stock halogen light bulbs back on with my LED headlights from
LASFIT, there was an issue.

When I put the stock lights back on, I tested them and both sides weren’t working besides high beams.
And

I tried so many different orientations, plugging things into different sides, different holes, different side of the clip going together.

I had to wrap It up for the night but this is where we left off:

Drivers headlight on:

DRLs work
On low beam setting, just fog light is on, low beam not visible.

on high beam setting, low beams for both sides are on..?

On the passenger side, on the low beam setting, the drl, the low beam, and the fog light is on. Also when you put high beams on, this side also just displays the low beam setting.

so I drove home with the highbeam setting on, which was just my two normal low beam lights.
I don’t understand, what am I doing wrong? Faulty part, but even if that’s the case then why doesn’t my stock lights work.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please 702E828A-0F35-43C0-B8FB-80579242EB80

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
Probably a fuse is blown. Check all the fuses
But when I move the lights around I can get each of the individual ones working. So it can’t be a fuse right?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
You have so much aftermarket stuff that it's difficult to trace without diagrams.

I'd go back to whatever was working previously and start troubleshooting if that now didn't work.

I can't explain why the low beams are working with the high beam setting unless you connected them that way.

Lastly... if you did all this with the battery connected; it may be that the computer doesn't like something that you did. I'd disconnect it, wait a bit, reconnect and see if something changes. I know that HID ballasts and cheap LEDs from China can be temperamental.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
You have so much aftermarket stuff that it's difficult to trace without diagrams.

I'd go back to whatever was working previously and start troubleshooting if that now didn't work.

I can't explain why the low beams are working with the high beam setting unless you connected them that way.

Lastly... if you did all this with the battery connected; it may be that the computer doesn't like something that you did. I'd disconnect it, wait a bit, reconnect and see if something changes. I know that HID ballasts and cheap LEDs from China can be temperamental.
Hmm yea I do have them connected that way cause it’s been the only way to get them to work. Hmm yeah maybe I should do that with the battery. These are good LEDS from lasfit from Canada and they’ve been great.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
I took the battery off, reset it. Placed the lights back into the respective slots and nothing happened. So I put them back. How can I “check my fuses.” I took a picture of the board.

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please F789278F-A355-47EC-8DC7-865A7974137C

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please 2A8676C2-DC6E-4E33-8B75-2CA98A7058F4

^^highbeam setting

Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please 139895B9-C0AD-43D4-A2C7-E38CB0DC9232

^^all lights on settings. Notice even the DRLs are on??? The drivers low beam is off as well. Normally those switch off I believe. The cables seem to be attached correctly but it’s almost like the programming changed I’m so confused... help help help! Please!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a multimeter to check for continuity between each side of the fuses? If not, pull each fuse one by one and check for the metal strip on them and look for the one that looks damaged. Also I recommend to look exactly for the fuse marked for the headlights.
Also send me a picture of each connector and make sure the wires are exposed.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
Do you have a multimeter to check for continuity between each side of the fuses? If not, pull each fuse one by one and check for the metal strip on them and look for the one that looks damaged. Also I recommend to look exactly for the fuse marked for the headlights.
Also send me a picture of each connector and make sure the wires are exposed.
I don’t have a multimeter no. Theyre just plug and play headlights so I didn’t think it’d be an issue. :(

How do I know which fuses are for the headlights ? Is It in the Honda book in the glove box? I’ll have to check that.

Also,
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please 24A9DAAE-ABE7-45DC-9894-602FF4C0CEB0
Honda Civic 10th gen Headlight install gone wrong - help please 3D9A28F8-CCAE-49EE-94FF-9C3885D044D7

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will look for the schematics tomorrow. Thanks for the pics but I was hoping the wiring from the headlights would show me colored wires but obviously the wires are insulated. So no help there. Um did you try plugging the non working light into the working lights plugs? That would tell you if that light worked or not.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
I will look for the schematics tomorrow. Thanks for the pics but I was hoping the wiring from the headlights would show me colored wires but obviously the wires are insulated. So no help there. Um did you try plugging the non working light into the working lights plugs? That would tell you if that light worked or not.
You mean the disfunctional new headlight?
Yes when It didn’t work on the passenger side, we tried to plug It in on the right side, same issue, DRL didn’t work still.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is usually a fus diagram inside a fuse cover or behind the kick panel close to the fuses.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
There is usually a fus diagram inside a fuse cover or behind the kick panel close to the fuses.
I’ll have to check tomorrow. So once I find the fuse, just kind of pull the tab and see that it doesn’t look burnt or something?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You mean the disfunctional new headlight?
Yes when It didn’t work on the passenger side, we tried to plug It in on the right side, same issue, DRL didn’t work still.
Okay then it sounds bad to me then if the light didn't work on the known working side wiring. Also make sure the pins are all intact in the connectors and are lined up with the prospective holes in they should slide into. Sometimes they get bent.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll have to check tomorrow. So once I find the fuse, just kind of pull the tab and see that it doesn’t look burnt or something?
Correct....it's almost like a metal strip that appears burnt and split. You can even pull the fuse next to it and compare to see if they match.

OP
OP
Braiton

Braiton

First Name
SI_GFX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 19'
Country flag
Okay then it sounds bad to me then if the light didn't work on the known working side wiring. Also make sure the pins are all intact in the connectors and are lined up with the prospective holes in they should slide into. Sometimes they get bent.
Yea I’m talking about the aftermarket headlight. I’m in contact with the seller, but we’ll see how that goes.
I have been able to move lights around and get one of the lights working on each side, like a low beam or high beam or whatever, It just seems like the system as a whole is out of whack. I wonder if it’s a fuse issue.
Sponsored