Hatchback LX vs. Hatchback Sport

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Trust me 3years down the road you will have a lot easier time selling a Sport than just a LX. Also the $1481 will be easily reflected . You will pay $24 more for a Sport finaced at 60 months but it's a lot more car to enjoy. I own 2 new EXT civics and they offer a lot more features than a Sport and I never questioned value. It's a Honda have some faith.
If you plan to sell it in three years, you might as well just lease the car.

And some people want the simplicity of the LX. The Sport wheels are going to be theft magnets just like the Accord Sport ones.
Sponsored

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe

And some people want the simplicity of the LX. The Sport wheels are going to be theft magnets just like the Accord Sport ones.
Exactly

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leasing is a terrible.. simplicity of a LX.. hmm That's like myself saying I like the simplicity of a EXT because I can't afford a TypeR.. lol ;)

I have owned many new civics and my last I drove for 3 years and lost $3000 then sold it at my Honda dealer doing a Pass through to show my sale as a trade saving on sales tax. I do it over and over.. and paid $20100 for my EXT civic.

Last edited:

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Leasing is a terrible.. simplicity of a LX.. hmm That's like myself saying I like the simplicity of a EXT because I can't afford a TypeR.. lol ;)
Because selling a car within three years is a better idea???

Not sure I understand your second point about affordability. The two trims aren't very different in terms of price. I meant simplicity as in maintenance costs (fuel, tires, insurance) over the lifespan of an LX will be less than a Sport

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
So let me get this straight, people who prefer the LX, only like it because they can't "afford" one of the upper trims. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't want it? Man, you really are a dumbass.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are a Troll..

So let me get this straight, people who prefer the LX, only like it because they can't "afford" one of the upper trims. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't want it? Man, you really are a dumbass

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Unless you parked the car for 3 years, there's no way you only lost only $3000 when you traded it into a dealer

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because your way off topic. Your last 20 posts have contributed nothing and your not here for the op. Instead you would rather troll off topic and thread high jack. Your a troll.. Sorry my bad. I was feeding it.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Unless you parked the car for 3 years, there's no way you only lost only $3000 when you traded it into a dealer
You might as well give it up bud, because this guy is a Pro about Honda's, where we are just some idiots who keep a car longer than 3 years, (seriously?), and don't wanna pay extra for stuff we don't want.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You don't understand. I did a pass through. It's where I sell the car to a buyer at the dealer. But the sale shows as a trade. So I save on sales tax. Pm me if you have further questions.

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
I actually leased the LX just as a placeholder until the Type R is available.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
If the ops criteria is better ride quality and emphasis on speed (im guessing acceleration), id say just shoot for the lx.

For me the options on the sport justifies the premium over the lx. Ride quality is not too important to me.

The sport trim oem suspension also seems promising to me. I do appreciate a good facory sporty suspension setup, where theres less incentive to start messing with the shocks and springs, has more responsive steering, etc. Im not a fan of the 18s so much, but id imagine there are more choices with summer tires in that size.

I do think both choices are good deals and it just depends on what best fits your preferences.

BoomBoomPow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback 2017 (lx)
I actually leased the LX just as a placeholder until the Type R is available.
Same here but i'm wondering if I would be able to do so. You know leasing contracts are not so flexible. (need to pay that negative value) At first I wanted a LX manual so I can have a lil fun until it comes out but apparently even manuals are out of stock in Canada and even super rare in US. So I have a lx cvt :(
Sponsored