Has anyone replaced the horrible horn yet?

Negative3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
...eventually, see what kind of engine mods come out to increase acceleration
If you can't resist fucking with the engine to increase accelleration then youve bought the wrong car.

Seriously though, dont do it. Any respectable Honda mechanic will (and should) rightfully refuse to work on your engine if you've tampered with it.

cromero18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Hey guys I'm fairly new to DIY. Really never tried upgrading anything in a car. anyone attempt to install a new horn yet? I purchased a College Hills Sports Horn and just realized this horn won't work! Is there a way to wire the harness into a dual horn or is there a good single horn that can just be plugged in. Thanks guys!

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey guys I'm fairly new to DIY. Really never tried upgrading anything in a car. anyone attempt to install a new horn yet? I purchased a College Hills Sports Horn and just realized this horn won't work! Is there a way to wire the harness into a dual horn or is there a good single horn that can just be plugged in. Thanks guys!
Depending on how much they draw, you could just make (maybe buy) a splitter.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you just plug it into the harness and try to test without bolting it on, or did you fully install (plug in, bolt on) and then test? I ask because simply plugging it in is not enough. The ground connection comes from the bracket you would bolt it onto.

If it was fully installed and still didn't work then they likely have a higher power draw than the original and may require a different relay.

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
DISREGARD -- SINCE ORIGINALLY POSTING THE LINK BELOW IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT THE 2016 CIVIC HORN HAS A DIFFERENT CONNECTOR

College hills also sells a dual horn wiring adapter that would fit the bill perfectly....
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/0S03A.html

A little cleaner than cutting the harness IMHO

Last edited:

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
College hills also sells a dual horn wiring adapter that would fit the bill perfectly....
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/0S03A.html

A little cleaner than cutting the harness IMHO
Would this fit on our civics? Also if I was planning on getting some Hella Horns since they were recommended to me, but not sure if I need to install relays and fuses (or do they come with them)? From the site it says the horns pull 2x66watt @12V.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would this fit on our civics? Also if I was planning on getting some Hella Horns since they were recommended to me, but not sure if I need to install relays and fuses (or do they come with them)? From the site it says the horns pull 2x66watt @12V.
I was hopeful that the adapter/splitter would work since the description on the College Hills Honda site does specify that it is for Honda, but there's another thread for the horn where someone posted that the adapter/spliter does not fit. I guess our Civics use a slightly different connector. http://www.civicx.com/threads/any-diy-guides-on-replacing-the-horn.1155/#post-34476
Hey guys,

So I attempted to change the horn today. First step is to take off the front bumper and you can find the steps in the PDF I attached.

Once you take it off you will see the wimpy horn on the passenger side
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone replaced the horrible horn yet? 2qtdce9

To uninstall the horn, you'll have to remove part of the intercooler piping to access the bolt which is size 13
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone replaced the horrible horn yet? 28kj5ax

Undo the horn itself by depressing the latch on the connector
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone replaced the horrible horn yet? xlh5pu

SO here is where I ran into an issue. I purchased the College Hills Honda 1 to 2 Horn conversion kit which can be found here, but the 2016 Civic does NOT support the adaptor that comes with the kit. The wiring from the Wolo Maxisounds also do not support the stock adaptor. Here is what the stock adaptor looks like.
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone replaced the horrible horn yet? 2628dxh

I think to do an actual 1 to 2 horn conversion, you would have to splice some wire and relay it to the battery with a ground, which I do not have supplies for at the moment. I'm also getting ready to move to Germany so this horn will have to stay for the time being. Here are some specs on the stock horn that can be found on the back side of it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone replaced the horrible horn yet? nn2zae

If any of you end up taking this project further, please let me know. I hate this horn so much that I may attempt to replace it before I ship it to Germany..

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
Thanks for that post. That's too bad that the 1 to 2 connected doesn't work. I just picked up a set of hella horns to do the install. Will be doing it next Sunday. Hopefully I can figure a way to do this without splicing that cable.

SanthonyL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T W/Sensing
Country flag
I think they had left over horns from the Honda Insight models, because it's the exact same one. I left the insight and the first thing I tried was the horn..... it was like a cruel joke

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Definitely! This here lady had a list of dreams for my Civic too, luckily they were not too expensive so I got everything done.
Due to it being winter and zero interest in putting new parts in outside freezing I had the dealership put all the parts in I supplied, it didn't cost too much.
I had the interior LED's done, they look great 14.99 on ebay for all the lights, let me know if you want the link
Changed fog lights to match the LED headlights, added a 2nd set of wheel locks, mud flaps, door visors and went elsewhere for window tint and clear bra
Which fog lights did you use?

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

alphabetzoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for that post. That's too bad that the 1 to 2 connected doesn't work. I just picked up a set of hella horns to do the install. Will be doing it next Sunday. Hopefully I can figure a way to do this without splicing that cable.
Did you manage to successfully install the hella horns?
Sponsored