92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Installed some aftermarket LED fog lights in my 2020 Civic and have been having issues with fog light condensation in the passenger side fog light ever since (driver side is fine). I've tried completely drying out the inside of the light multiple times and the condensation comes back fairly quickly. So recently I reinstalled the stock fog lights hoping that it would fix the issue. The condensation isn't as bad, but still happens. I've tried driving around with my fog lights on to see if they would dry out the light, and it does work temporarily. I even put a couple of those little bags that soak up moisture in there last night after drying out the light again. I've looked in here and on other forums and sites and haven't found a solution (although it seems to be a sort of common problem when installing aftermarket fog lights). Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

Merlanit0

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had this problem once and i thought I've broken the glass of the fog light housing. I took the bumper out to have a closer look and the fog light housing was fine, the light bulb was kinda loose. so I'm thinking that it could be the seal around the light bulb. try to get a tighter turn seal and if it still gets loose and water still gets in then i'd suggest putting some stainless steels sealant silicon AKA Caulking the b*tch up lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fog Light Condensation 20210705_140641

OP
OP

92civic20

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Along with making sure the bulb was in securely, I also ended up using some dielectric grease around the area where the bulb goes into and it seemed to eventually work. Took a while to fully dry out though.

Sh00t599

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport FC2 K20C2 6MT Rallye Red
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Fog Light Condensation 20221112_141040
I know I am late, but install led aftermarket bulbs, there was half a glass off water in there. In lieu of taking garnishes off to remove assembly or bumper I sucked the water out with this and threw some oem fog bulbs in. Gonna swap gaskets and seat bulbs up with silicone. Hope this helps someone.
Sponsored