wacky cannon

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
i have 2016 civic lx, and i need to replace my bumper, i get 35% discount off dealer parts through a family member so i figured i would get a newer model bumper. would a 2020 si bumper fit my car?
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Yes, it should be fine

It's been stated here on a few threads that

The front bumper on hatchback, coupe and sedan are interchangeable

Caveats

You cannot use Type R bumpers...
people generally just get aftermarket ones that look similar.

On Front bumpers, you need to account for any Honda Sensing (radar)... which you do not have. Also if you have fog lights, you will need to consider transferring those over to new fog light mounts.

Rear bumpers I believe are different between chassis...
so you would need a sedan rear Si if you wanted one too.
With rear bumpers you just need to account for your exhaust/diffuser.

People have suggested that the Hatchback front bumper is the same as the Si bumper, and that Honda prices the different part numbers differently. Worth looking at, you could save some money for the same look.

You obviously want to try and get bumpers in your exact paint code, otherwise it is expensive to have to paint them professionally. This could be a consideration if one had say a Cosmic Blue car, and you tried to put an Si bumper on, but it did not come in that colour. Not a factor here, as you'll either be White, Modern Steel Metallic or Black.

PS. Welcome fellow Canadian '16 LX :cool:

2020 Hatchback bumper

Honda Civic 10th gen facelift 1707922195489

2020 Si bumper

Honda Civic 10th gen facelift 1707922039458

2018 Si bumper

Honda Civic 10th gen facelift 1707922001244

OP
OP

wacky cannon

First Name
benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
thanks for the reply man, i actually don’t have foglights so i’ll also be looking to run a foglight kit.
Honda Civic 10th gen facelift ADC7A8BE-6D1C-477B-B463-99ED96656681

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
PS.
if the reason you need to replace your bumper is because of an impact, then you may also need to replace some of the plastics under the headlights, where the bumper clips in. Not expensive, just if you're going to place an order and do the job, then you may as well do those too... it's typical that those break in a light impact and then the bumper doesn't sit 100% until that is sorted.
Sponsored