solset

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic coupe
Country flag
I´m planing on buying the civic hatch FK7 1.5T Europe version since i´m from Portugal, but I would like to know if the engine code is the same form US or what are the differences from an engine to another.
I´m confused because here they advertise the car to be 1.5l vtec turbo, in the US they say is non vtec and I want to tune the car in the future with US parts since they are already doing +400HP on that engine but need to know if all fit like in the US version.
If there is any european owner please post the specs of your car like engine code numbers, ECU code numbers etc, so we can compare both versions.
Sponsored

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I´m planing on buying the civic hatch FK7 1.5T Europe version since i´m from Portugal, but I would like to know if the engine code is the same form US or what are the differences from an engine to another.
I´m confused because here they advertise the car to be 1.5l vtec turbo, in the US they say is non vtec and I want to tune the car in the future with US parts since they are already doing +400HP on that engine but need to know if all fit like in the US version.
If there is any european owner please post the specs of your car like engine code numbers, ECU code numbers etc, so we can compare both versions.
In Europe all dealership advertise it as vtec turbo, but it has no vtec. The base 1.5T has weaker connecting rods than the Si so I don't think it will handle +400HP. Aftermarket parts will fit in your car too, because it's the same.
There are lots of different ECU numbers so you have to check it. I have customer here in Hungary and also in Slovakia, Spain and Slovenia. Only the Hungarian was not supported but it took like 2 weeks and KTuner added it to the list after we read out the ECU with the KTuner unit,

xenon04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EU version 1.5T engine code:
Hatchback: L15BA
Sedan: L15BB
MT has 134kW@5500; 240Nm@1900-5000
AT has 134kW@6000; 220Nm@1700-5500

my 1.5T MT sedan has ECU part number 37820-5AW-G42

OP
OP

solset

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic coupe
Country flag
In Europe all dealership advertise it as vtec turbo, but it has no vtec. The base 1.5T has weaker connecting rods than the Si so I don't think it will handle +400HP. Aftermarket parts will fit in your car too, because it's the same.
There are lots of different ECU numbers so you have to check it. I have customer here in Hungary and also in Slovakia, Spain and Slovenia. Only the Hungarian was not supported but it took like 2 weeks and KTuner added it to the list after we read out the ECU with the KTuner unit,
So for what I see by the post above the Euro Version uses the L15BA instead of using US L15B7. Do you know what are the differences? not much info on the L15BA but i think not even the displacement is the same. I want to tune it like I turbo my B16A2, but need to make sure it does not break as soon as I start to put more Psi on it. L15B7 seems to handle quite a power on stock internals.
Does your customers handle well Ktuner 3 diferent maps?

OP
OP

solset

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic coupe
Country flag
EU version 1.5T engine code:
Hatchback: L15BA
Sedan: L15BB
MT has 134kW@5500; 240Nm@1900-5000
AT has 134kW@6000; 220Nm@1700-5500

my 1.5T MT sedan has ECU part number 37820-5AW-G42
Thank you for this technical info. And nice photos on you flickr album :D

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
So for what I see by the post above the Euro Version uses the L15BA instead of using US L15B7. Do you know what are the differences? not much info on the L15BA but i think not even the displacement is the same. I want to tune it like I turbo my B16A2, but need to make sure it does not break as soon as I start to put more Psi on it. L15B7 seems to handle quite a power on stock internals.
Does your customers handle well Ktuner 3 diferent maps?
As I know the pistons and camshafts are different. Both my custome currently runs on Stage 2 tune without any issue.

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
Hey,
i'm running the Ktuner 21 psi dual starter tune without issues. So you would be fine. You can check on the Ktuner site if your ecu is supported.

OP
OP

solset

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic coupe
Country flag
Hey,
i'm running the Ktuner 21 psi dual starter tune without issues. So you would be fine. You can check on the Ktuner site if your ecu is supported.
Any idea how much hp you are doing over stock?

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
It should be around 205-210 wheel HP with the 21psi tune. That's what I got for my Sedan in Greece on a very hot day so … :)
Sponsored