Jayz.91

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Sport Touring
Country flag
Anyone have any idea how to go about this? I bought an extra one that I want to tinker with. I see some sort of clips on the side I could maybe push in to pop out half of it but I’m not sure.
talking about this
Honda Civic 10th gen Disassembling the push start switch 2001C3F7-4520-460D-9B70-4E2DF0D6CA43

Any help appreciated
Sponsored

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
TL;DR = "No, I have no idea"

I bought three switches (2 standard Civic ones and 1 for another JDM model) and even with all manner of tools (small screwdrivers etc) I could not for the life of me figure out how to take them apart. I tried pressing and pulling everything that looked like an option...

Literally it was coming down to possible destroying one of them just to get to the insides to figure out how to actually take apart the other one. I gave up and did something different for my project.

I can get the front ring (silver in your image) off easily enough, and some of the YT videos (like Fits?) show how to take a back plate off to fix some cabling issue on those ones, but the Civic switches seem to have a different rear anyway, and most people want to hack into the switch itself to change an LED or something, not putz around with cabling in the back... so the YT videos seemed useless.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TL;DR = "No, I have no idea"

I bought three switches (2 standard Civic ones and 1 for another JDM model) and even with all manner of tools (small screwdrivers etc) I could not for the life of me figure out how to take them apart. I tried pressing and pulling everything that looked like an option...

Literally it was coming down to possible destroying one of them just to get to the insides to figure out how to actually take apart the other one. I gave up and did something different for my project.

I can get the front ring (silver in your image) off easily enough, and some of the YT videos (like Fits?) show how to take a back plate off to fix some cabling issue on those ones, but the Civic switches seem to have a different rear anyway, and most people want to hack into the switch itself to change an LED or something, not putz around with cabling in the back... so the YT videos seemed useless.
Could you elaborate more on JDM push start switch? What's the difference?

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Could you elaborate more on JDM push start switch? What's the difference?
The JDM that I have is #3 below, but it is not intended for a Civic.

1. Standard Honda button
Push to Start Engine Switch Shut Off On Button OEM Honda Civic Si 17-21

Mugen Start/Stop Switch
35881-XNH-K0S0

... 1:1 replacement of the above, just with the Mugen graphics on the button

Mugen Power Switch Button - GP5 GP6 GP7 GP8 GM4 GM5 RU3 RU4 RC4
35881-XMKB-K1S0

This button is for the JDM Honda Fit, Grace, Vezel, Odessey.

The button is physically longer than the ones above, by a fair margin... perhaps 1.5x as long?

That said, on my car with the Honda Start button trim piece installed, it fits just fine...

The pinout I believe is different, but there is a guy on Etsy who makes adapter cables (12 pin to 10 pin conversion harness)... I bought two. One to keep and one to ... "find out" with. :thumbsup:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1257612494/honda-start-button-12-pin-to-10-pin

I can't confirm functionality of the button in the push-to-start Civics.
Johan does have some notes on his Etsy product page though...
He's a nice guy, good seller, and am sure would answer any questions.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The JDM that I have is #3 below, but it is not intended for a Civic.

1. Standard Honda button
Push to Start Engine Switch Shut Off On Button OEM Honda Civic Si 17-21

Mugen Start/Stop Switch
35881-XNH-K0S0

... 1:1 replacement of the above, just with the Mugen graphics on the button

Mugen Power Switch Button - GP5 GP6 GP7 GP8 GM4 GM5 RU3 RU4 RC4
35881-XMKB-K1S0

This button is for the JDM Honda Fit, Grace, Vezel, Odessey.

The button is physically longer than the ones above, by a fair margin... perhaps 1.5x as long?

That said, on my car with the Honda Start button trim piece installed, it fits just fine...

The pinout I believe is different, but there is a guy on Etsy who makes adapter cables (12 pin to 10 pin conversion harness)... I bought two. One to keep and one to ... "find out" with. :thumbsup:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1257612494/honda-start-button-12-pin-to-10-pin

I can't confirm functionality of the button in the push-to-start Civics.
Johan does have some notes on his Etsy product page though...
He's a nice guy, good seller, and am sure would answer any questions.
Ok, it's the Mugen.

Mugen is more like an aftermarket accessories, not JDM. The DC5, FN2 and EP3 have different switch back then for the Japanese market only which is different, so I thought it's something like that.

There are some oem lookalike button with red face plate, but I don't think these are oem.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125571286679

Thanks for the information on the difference between the Mugen button for civic and Fit. I'm currently running on the Mugen as well specifically for civicx.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
I am working on this as I’m changing the leds inside. There are two tabs on the very back that release the inner section. And then 4 tabs around the inner section to separate it.

I’ll post more details later when I have time.
Honda Civic 10th gen Disassembling the push start switch IMG_2413

Honda Civic 10th gen Disassembling the push start switch IMG_2408

Honda Civic 10th gen Disassembling the push start switch IMG_2387

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am working on this as I’m changing the leds inside. There are two tabs on the very back that release the inner section. And then 4 tabs around the inner section to separate it.

IMG_2413.jpeg

IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg
Those tabs are PITA to remove I suppose because it seems like it needs a special tool to pry all tabs off simultaneously.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Those tabs are PITA to remove I suppose because it seems like it needs a special tool to pry all tabs off simultaneously.
lol, yea it’s not really meant be disassembled; but I never let that stop me. You literally have to break off two plastic welds (really easy) to separate the circuit board from the antenna.

OP
OP
Jayz.91

Jayz.91

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Sport Touring
Country flag

IMG_2413.jpeg

IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg
I love you. Will be following your build religiously now