Direct injection carbon buildup problem

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
That’s the exactly reason why I don’t have one, I live where it’s cold, can’t take the risk. If you live where it’s always warm, it may be something to look into.
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Another informative vid on DI. This one says a lot of the same things as SavageGeese's vid. But they add a few comments on the importance of the air filter and oil weight.

They also touch briefly on using an induction service, which is less expensive than pulling the IM. But it's used more for preventative maintenance where walnut media is used more to undo years of buildup.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
FYI......if u use a catch can, use one with a BAFFLE or FILTER inside, if it's just the can it won't work very well......the baffles and filter trap more oil.

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Resuming this old post with some of my info, my car only has 40k miles on it but i checked out the inside of my cylinders and was pretty surprised, maybe i'm just lucky or maybe honda did a good job! I WAS running a catch can for a few thousand miles, but is was more problems than solutions so i took it off.
Here's my video

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Resuming this old post with some of my info, my car only has 40k miles on it but i checked out the inside of my cylinders and was pretty surprised, maybe i'm just lucky or maybe honda did a good job! I WAS running a catch can for a few thousand miles, but is was more problems than solutions so i took it off.
Here's my video
The carbon build up problem of most DI vehicles is found on the back of the intake valves.
Sponsored