Delivery checklist?

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I am a couple months away from needing such a beast, does anyone have a checklist they reviewed during final delivery?

I've been a bit harsh on my advisor.... He may be growing tired of me. ha! The guy 20 miles away really wants my business if the local guy lets me down. I will walk away from the local guy if need be.

Pre-purchase Notes
No Dealership branding on vehicle other than a branded rear license plate frame
No Dealership modifications to car pre-packaged. They will not be paid for in any deal.
No front license plate frame. Any hole in front bumper will void the deal.

Delivery Notes
Fit and Finish review. The hood alignment has been an issue. I will be looking at this closely.
Overall cleanliness of vehicle.
Quality of Paint. Any issues to note?

Are there any glaring items I have missed?
Sponsored

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Honestly, I think you're well ahead of yourself and if I had to guess, you might be right on the dealer being frustrated dealing with someone who isn't ready to buy on constant demands. Not that I disagree with anything you're looking for, but give the dealer a chance to do it right. Check out the car before you buy, don't just hand over a list of demands.

OP
OP
goflyakuite

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I think you're well ahead of yourself and if I had to guess, you might be right on the dealer being frustrated dealing with someone who isn't ready to buy on constant demands. Not that I disagree with anything you're looking for, but give the dealer a chance to do it right. Check out the car before you buy, don't just hand over a list of demands.
I'm being clear on my expectations - they're not demands per say. If he's not willing to hear me out then I will take my business elsewhere. I'm totally friendly and courteous to him. I've worked with his predecessor in the past. I've been let down and disappointed too often in the past. Setting a clear expectation has really worked best for me. I have driven both the Touring and an EX-t as well as an Accord EX-L with Sensing/Navi. I returned a 2013 Accord EX-L lease to him this past week... Explained my re-purchase time frame is late March and I would contact him in early February to look at car availability and finalize a price and place an order if need be.

The pre-purchase list will be shared at order time or if we arrange a car from another locale... The delivery checklist will be for me to objectively checkoff as I initially go through the vehicle. Too easy to get caught up in the moment of "new car" and miss something that is later more difficult to resolve. Noting it up front before one departs the dealership makes resolution MUCH MUCH easier.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
You have the major ones I always look for. Also I always check for leaks under the car and make sure the fabric/carpeting isnt stained or dirtied up. If you have the dealer install anything make sure its fully operational and there are no marks, scratches, scuffs or other damage from the install.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Not trying to be harsh, just seems like stuff a salesmen wouldn't want to deal with on someone who is nowhere near ready to buy is all. PS, I have been a huge PITA to my salesman too.....mostly because my car still hasn't arrived yet. EX-T's with sensing are apparently hard to come by.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Hondas New and Certified Pre-Owned
Does Michigan require a front plate? If so the front plate gets installed when the PDI (pre delivery inspection) is done. That's usually before the vehicle is for sale? I have no issues with your demands if you would like to make the ride to Chicagoland.

Anyone telling a dealer that they are 3 months out will usually not be taken first priority. Most dealers receive over 1000 internet leads alone each month.

acco20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking at 2016 civic touring
Even though I am a couple months away from needing such a beast, does anyone have a checklist they reviewed during final delivery?

I've been a bit harsh on my advisor.... He may be growing tired of me. ha! The guy 20 miles away really wants my business if the local guy lets me down. I will walk away from the local guy if need be.

Pre-purchase Notes
No Dealership branding on vehicle other than a branded rear license plate frame
No Dealership modifications to car pre-packaged. They will not be paid for in any deal.
No front license plate frame. Any hole in front bumper will void the deal.

Delivery Notes
Fit and Finish review. The hood alignment has been an issue. I will be looking at this closely.
Overall cleanliness of vehicle.
Quality of Paint. Any issues to note?

Are there any glaring items I have missed?
In my opinion you have missed rule number one. Never sign the final paperwork for the purchase of a new car without a reasonably through test drive. Some highway travel should be included. I always check for vibrations at different speeds. If problems are found, they should be resolved before signing. JMHO

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
In my opinion you have missed rule number one. Never sign the final paperwork for the purchase of a new car without a reasonably through test drive. Some highway travel should be included. I always check for vibrations at different speeds. If problems are found, they should be resolved before signing. JMHO
If my car is a locate then how could I possibly drive it before without signing on the bill of sale? In fact, you hand over your bank draft if you pay cash before even seeing the vehicle. That only applies to stuff on the lot or used vehicles.

acco20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking at 2016 civic touring
If my car is a locate then how could I possibly drive it before without signing on the bill of sale? In fact, you hand over your bank draft if you pay cash before even seeing the vehicle. That only applies to stuff on the lot or used vehicles.
Wow....I hardly know how to answer that. It sounds like you would actually pay in advance for a car you have never seen. The typical buyer would leave a returnable deposit on a vehicle that has to be located, traded for, or special ordered, and would retain the right of refusal if the car is not right. If a car you want had to be located, and it arrived at the dealership damaged would you be satisfied to be told,"do not worry, we will take care of that. You won't be able to tell it was ever damaged". Far be it for me to tell you how to spend your money. I always test drive any, and all, automobile purchases.

OP
OP
goflyakuite

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. I was planning to perform such a test drive...

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point. I was planning to perform such a test drive...
I didn't test drive it as I have had previous good experiences with my dealer. I certainly did a extremely complete visual. In hindsite I should have at least gone around the block with my salesperson as my nav. wasn't 100%. I would still have accepted delivery but it would have been noted from the get go.
Sponsored