Dealer backs out on deposit?

HSPrzepa

boosted d16 ftw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 civic lx
Has a dealer ever backed out after you placed a deposit on a vehicle? In other words, I have negotiated a set price for a new 2016 civic over the phone. The dealer agreed to email me a pricing confirmation and I placed a deposit. The soonest I can pick up the car is next week and I'm worried that the dealer will sell my vehicle to a higher bidder. I have received no deposit confirmation through email, nor the price authentication I asked for. The phone conversation was a long battle and I ended up getting a good price.

Has a dealer ever managed to "lose a vehicle" while you had a deposit on it?
Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Has a dealer ever backed out after you placed a deposit on a vehicle? In other words, I have negotiated a set price for a new 2016 civic over the phone. The dealer agreed to email me a pricing confirmation and I placed a deposit. The soonest I can pick up the car is next week and I'm worried that the dealer will sell my vehicle to a higher bidder. I have received no deposit confirmation through email, nor the price authentication I asked for. The phone conversation was a long battle and I ended up getting a good price.

Has a dealer ever managed to "lose a vehicle" while you had a deposit on it?
On the phone did you tell the dealer that you wouldn't be able to pickup until next week? If so, there shouldn't be an issue.
Call them back and remind them to send you the confirmations. If they're a reputable dealership, they should have no problem providing you with confirmation now that you're actually giving them money.

OP
OP
HSPrzepa

HSPrzepa

boosted d16 ftw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 civic lx
On the phone did you tell the dealer that you wouldn't be able to pickup until next week? If so, there shouldn't be an issue.
Call them back and remind them to send you the confirmations. If they're a reputable dealership, they should have no problem providing you with confirmation now that you're actually giving them money.
Yes, I informed them that it would take at least a week before I would be able to pick the car up. However I did not receive any type of email confirmation despite specifically asking for it, which worries me.
Sponsored