Damn thing keeps locking me out

choffman41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I have a 2016 LX coupe, cheapie, no frills, no options, no walk away door locks. This thing insists on locking the doors randomly when I am out of it. It will also lock them with the keys inside. There is no way to disable the door locking as the option doesn't exist. There is no menu option on the cheapie screen. Anyone have a suggestion?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a 2016 LX coupe, cheapie, no frills, no options, no walk away door locks. This thing insists on locking the doors randomly when I am out of it. It will also lock them with the keys inside. There is no way to disable the door locking as the option doesn't exist. There is no menu option on the cheapie screen. Anyone have a suggestion?
Do you know where all your keys are? I would say that one of keys is being pressed, or thinks it is being pressed. Try removing the battery from one key at a time, and see if it still happens with one key and then the other.

If it still happens no matter which key has the battery, then I would try disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes and reconnecting. You will get warning lights on the information panel which will go away after driving the car.

If the problem persists, time to take it to the dealer.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Also check if a soda or coffee has been spilled into the door lock button on the door panel.

It's also possible that the power lock feature that is activated with the mechanical key in the door lock itself is making contact.

Not sure... but you may be able to pull a fuse to disable the lock actuators (motors).

And if you have a valet key; maybe keep it in your wallet.
Sponsored