1.5T CVT reliability

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Civic X with CVT is available since four years. As far as I know the CVT is holding up pretty good.

I think the CVTs built by Honda is way better than the infamous CVTs which are built by Jatco, which are used by Nissan, Suzuki and Renault. These cars have a lot of problems with their CVTs. Then also the repair costs are also tremendously high.

I'm curious how much it costs on a civic to replace the belt or replace the whole CVT?

I wonder if those were mostly drivers who launched their cars aggressively, or did not wait for the engine and fluids to warm up, or forgot to change the CVT fluid...
The cost quoted out I saw on a warranty claim was around $9k at the dealer
Sponsored

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@dallasjhawk
Thanks for the information. That's a lot of money, seems like I was pretty navie expecting it to be half the cost. :rolleyes:

So when the Civic is a few years old, out of warranty and the CVT brakes it's basically totalled.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@dallasjhawk
Thanks for the information. That's a lot of money, seems like I was pretty navie expecting it to be half the cost. :rolleyes:

So when the Civic is a few years old, out of warranty and the CVT brakes it's basically totalled.
junkyard cvts abound for $700-$800 these days.
Sponsored