Cutting into fake vents in the front bumper for more airflow to PRL CAI?

RunRiot_FK7

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EX Hatch, 17 Chevy SS 6MT, 15 Lexus RCF
Country flag
I'm new here on the forums but I was thinking if I were to cut into the fake vents in the front bumper where the PRL Cobra Cold Air Intake sits, would it be more beneficial? My thinking is that more air flow is good right? Has anyone tried this method since the 10th Generation Civics has been around for a while at this point? My only worry is that if I were to cut into the fake vents, the open space can allow water to get into the intake more easily since I frequently wash my car and I live in Texas where the weather can be dramatic with its rainfall (If you live in Dallas-Fort Worth area you know what I'm talking about :rolleyes:)
I thought about getting a Injen Hydro shield to try to combat this issue (obviously won't be driving into standing water either) but I have been hearing different opinions from people.
Is there a better way to direct more air into the CAI or am I already set as the manufacturer intended it to be?
Sponsored

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I have it on mine, I cut and copied the exact same pattern from the passenger side. As far as IAT1 it doesn't really make a difference unless you floor it, when I floor mine it drops by 10 degrees or more within a second