Custom Fog Lights for Civic Si

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey Guys, just wanted to see if I could get some input regarding an idea I have. I can't find a direct replacement aftermarket fog light that does what I want. So I have an idea of making one using a Halo LED (Halos: Profile Performance Prism RGB Color-Changing Angel Eyes LED92 (morimotohid.com) and buying some OE equivalent fog light housings for my 2020 Si.

Morimoto says these shouldn't be used as fog lights and I'm not sure why. I assume it's because they can't be exposed to outside elements but my idea would be mounting the 60mm ring inside of the fog light housing (~76mm or so) so it would be in a sealed housing like it would be if I were using it in a headlight application.

Can you guys see any reason why this wouldn't work? All I want is to replace my fogs with a sealed LED halo (since I never use my actual fog lights anyway) and using one of @alejandroads123 harnesses to allow me to run the fogs/halos as DRLs without needing my headlights to be on. Or if something like this already exists as an aftermarket item someone could point me to?
Sponsored