brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If the engine is not running right and the VSA update is applied to the car, will the ECU be affected. Long story, my 2016 Honda Civic was involved in an accident last December 21. Hit a curb at 3 MPH. In addition to having the bumper replaced the left fog lamp assembly, intercooler, and radiator. Repairs were done but the body shop had to go to a Honda dealer (not mine) to have a Freon charge. The Honda dealer did the VSA recall, which I didn't want as I don't use the emergency brake. Got the car back and the car is stumbling when put under any load until the engine is totally warmed up. The car finally threw and engine trouble light, traced to the turbo. Troubleshooting found no problem, codes reset. Car still not running right, mileage mid 20ies, which is much lower than the 36 mpg over the 14,000 miles since I had the car. Brought car in, held overnight, dealer found a displaced vacuum hose and tire pressure at 25 psi on all four wheels. Cars running better but requires a one to two minute warmup in mid 30 degree F weather before it runs properly. Never had that problem before. I'm lucky to crack 30 mpg and that's with the car in the econ mode, which is something I never used before.

My question is if I have a displaced vacuum hose and low tire pressure and the VSA update is applied to the car, can that effect the ECU programing. I'm bringing the car back to Honda Tuesday to talk to a level "A" technician.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
If the engine is not running right and the VSA update is applied to the car, will the ECU be affected. Long story, my 2016 Honda Civic was involved in an accident last December 21. Hit a curb at 3 MPH. In addition to having the bumper replaced the left fog lamp assembly, intercooler, and radiator. Repairs were done but the body shop had to go to a Honda dealer (not mine) to have a Freon charge. The Honda dealer did the VSA recall, which I didn't want as I don't use the emergency brake. Got the car back and the car is stumbling when put under any load until the engine is totally warmed up. The car finally threw and engine trouble light, traced to the turbo. Troubleshooting found no problem, codes reset. Car still not running right, mileage mid 20ies, which is much lower than the 36 mpg over the 14,000 miles since I had the car. Brought car in, held overnight, dealer found a displaced vacuum hose and tire pressure at 25 psi on all four wheels. Cars running better but requires a one to two minute warmup in mid 30 degree F weather before it runs properly. Never had that problem before. I'm lucky to crack 30 mpg and that's with the car in the econ mode, which is something I never used before.

My question is if I have a displaced vacuum hose and low tire pressure and the VSA update is applied to the car, can that effect the ECU programing. I'm bringing the car back to Honda Tuesday to talk to a level "A" technician.

I would do a boost leak test to make sure nothing is leaking after the maf sensor.

OP
OP

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
im not talking about the cylinder. im talking about your charge pipes/intercooler/vacuum lines
All those checks were done on last Monday where a vacuum hose was found disconnected. Car is still heating under load when cold until warm air comes from the heater. Mileage is still off by 4 to 5 MPG. Car is in shop right now.

OP
OP

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
im not talking about the cylinder. im talking about your charge pipes/intercooler/vacuum lines
All those checks were done on last Monday where a vacuum hose was found disconnected. Car is still heating under load when cold until warm air comes from the heater. Mileage is still off by 4 to 5 MPG. Car is in shop right now.
It is what I suspected, the update was incomplete. Dealer cleared incomplete code and reset program. I reset Trip A odometer on the way home, 18.3 mile trip averaged 41.3 MPG. Before today I'd be lucky to crack 30 MPG.
Sponsored