Cool graduation gift.

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
It's been a while since I've posted since getting my 16'. Still going well with 17k MI. after 2 years. Now it's time to get my daughter a car for driving off to college in. I mentioned a honda Civic but she didn't seem interested(maybe because dad drives one). So we went today to test drive a Mazda 3. It felt small and cheap compared to my Civic. Lots of nice features that the base Civic doesn't have for a $20k price tag though. So we went to Honda and test drove the base 18' Civic sedan. She liked the way it drove better and picked a gun metal with light grey interior (she wanted black interior)but it wasn't readily available. So as we went to leave, because I was going to come back later and buy the car, we walked past this one. She fell in love, and so did I with it right away even though it was used(certified pre-owned) and not new. It had 17k mi. but all the bells and whistles the Ex-l comes with including leather. Unfortunately it was $23,500 and over her budget especially when you add tax and dealer fees. Bummed but still happy about her new car she was going to get we left the dealership. She knew that we weren't buying today and that I was just getting ideas. I dropped her off at home and went back up to the dealership and haggled the price to $21,500 cash(before tax and crap). So she has no idea that she's getting the car tomorrow as soon as she walks out of her graduation and has no idea she's getting the car she LOVED. I'm totally jealous as her Civic is much nicer and newer than mine. Sorry for the long post but thought it is a cool story that Civic fans may like. I only have one pic from the dealership but will post a couple tomorrow when she gets it with the big bow on it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cool graduation gift. IMAG1412
Sponsored

OP
OP
Justin G

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
She’s lucky, most kids are happy to have a running car and have to scrape together money to pay for college while working full-time.
She is graduating high school but did the dual enrollment for 2 years and is also getting her AA degree all while working a job. So basically we saved $40k on 2 years of college. She got accepted to a good college with most of the tuition covered also. She has more than earned it.

Last edited:

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
She is graduating high school but did the dual enrollment for 2 years and is also getting her AA degree all while working a job. So basically we saved $80k on 2 years of college. She got accepted to a good college with most of the tuition covered also. She has more than earned it.
In no way changes what I said LOL. It’s cool though there’s nothing wrong with taking care of your family. She has it very easy compared to most.

I work with a lot of younger people and believe me most are struggling to afford community college and a junker.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
whats that color called its really nice.

iDerek2

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Goals one day for my children

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Great job! Sonic Gray Pearl is such a unique color. I love it!

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
She is graduating high school but did the dual enrollment for 2 years and is also getting her AA degree all while working a job. So basically we saved $40k on 2 years of college. She got accepted to a good college with most of the tuition covered also. She has more than earned it.
Whoa, I don't even know this girl and I am proud of her. Also, a huge kudos to you for being a great dad