vtecattack

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Aegean Blue)
Hi Everyone,

I am really interested in getting the Injen CAI from Procivic. My only hesitation is I don't want to risk hydro-lock as I live in an area with all 4 seasons and deep water can happen. Does anyone know if putting a By-pass valve (filter) at joint where the pipe heads down would project my engine from hydro-lock? Here is a link to the BPV i am referring to: https://www.amazon.com/AEM-20-403S-...e=UTF8&qid=1505509549&sr=8-3&keywords=AEM+bpv

Would this work from an assembly perspective? If so does anyone know the pipe diameter of the Injen CAI?

Thanks,
Nate
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Hi Everyone,

I am really interested in getting the Injen CAI from Procivic. My only hesitation is I don't want to risk hydro-lock as I live in an area with all 4 seasons and deep water can happen. Does anyone know if putting a By-pass valve (filter) at joint where the pipe heads down would project my engine from hydro-lock? Here is a link to the BPV i am referring to: https://www.amazon.com/AEM-20-403S-...e=UTF8&qid=1505509549&sr=8-3&keywords=AEM+bpv

Would this work from an assembly perspective? If so does anyone know the pipe diameter of the Injen CAI?

Thanks,
Nate
I've never had luck with intake by pass valves. I doubt you would hydrolock, although, what I would recommend is the injen hydro shield for the intake filter. Slides right over the filter and helps keep water particles and moisture from getting sucked in, also keeps the filter cleaner for much longer.

alexavalos097

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2014 Honda Accord Couple
Vehicle Showcase
The injen cold air allows you to go short ram as well , i have mine installed as a cold air but in the raining season i will go short ram

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree with @17siturb0 ... that being said, I have the CAI and also got the hydro shield for it as a precaution even though it doesn't really rain much in SoCal. If it really starts to pour where you're at and you expect the water to rise up enough to hit your filter, you can always convert to SRI before leaving home.

OP
OP
vtecattack

vtecattack

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never had luck with intake by pass valves. I doubt you would hydrolock, although, what I would recommend is the injen hydro shield for the intake filter. Slides right over the filter and helps keep water particles and moisture from getting sucked in, also keeps the filter cleaner for much longer.
What do you mean by you have never had any luck with by pass valves. What goes wrong?

OP
OP
vtecattack

vtecattack

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know what the Injen pipe diameter is?
Sponsored