Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

Anyone running Tein Flex Z coilovers have any issue with ride quality? Every time I hit a small dip or not so smooth bump it feels like it’s hitting it rather than gliding over it. Not sure how to explain it but the ride quality I thought would have improved coming from blown shocks with eibach sport lines. It feels the same or a little worse now when going over a bump that’s not smoothed over. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like the bumps or holes don’t look bad but if I go over it it just feels like I hit a huge pothole. Also it doesn’t matter if I have it on the stiffest dampening or softest, it’s still the same. Is there something I overlooked or didn’t do or is this the ride quality of these coilovers?
Hmm, should def change based on the stiffness setting. Everything is tight? How low did you go? Spring preload?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean I can tell it’s changed slightly but when going over these bumps or holes sometimes that I forget is there or a new area I haven’t driven it just feels like shit and vibrates the whole car. I’m not sure how low it is and what the preload is. I didn’t adjust it when I got them in. The only thing I did was lower it enough to have the the fender be as close to the top of the tire. The ride quality is really poor in my opinion because of the harshness when going over an irregularity in the road. It rides perfect when the road is somewhat decent though.

I’ll have to adjust the preload tomorrow. What is the suggested preload for these spring rates?
The suggested preload is zero. Don’t touch how it came from the factory.

If you adjusted the rise height by using the threaded shock body, NOT the spring perches, that’s the way to go.

What are your damper settings? I think I see what you mean about the ride being jarring, especially if you hit a big pothole. Might just be the nature of a performance coilover. I’ll say that it definitely has taken some fine tuning for me, but I think I’ve finally gotten mine set at a good spot to where it’s solid, but not too jarring. My damper settings (# of clicks turned back CCW, from full hard) are F: 3 clicks & R: 6 clicks. And I still do my best to avoid potholes! But I wouldn’t say the ride is shitty by any metric. Not sure what you were expecting.
Sponsored