BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
take it an and try to have the clutch replaced under warranty. but the stealership will prob say its a wear item, and not cover it

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
take it an and try to have the clutch replaced under warranty. but the stealership will prob say its a wear item, and not cover it
Honestly at 8000 miles if your clutch is not holding anymore I would take it to the dealer IF and ONLY IF I knew I didnt abuse the hell out of the car or cause it myself because if they tear it down and find that it was due to my abuse Id be on the hook for them taking it apart and putting it back together.

However if I knew it was due to me tuning the car or being hard on it, I would pony up for a new clutch that would hold the power or abuse I am dishing out and have a shop (not the dealer) do the work since labor would probably be cheaper.

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Even if the clutch pedal is out, the clutch still has to hold firm in place to transfer power from the engine to the wheels. Too much power for a particular clutch will cause the frictionable material to slip, even while engaged.
...but wouldn't there be MORE power at a higher rpm? The horsepower peaks higher, so if you floor it at 2000 rpm's, you would have less power to the clutch, correct???

amxandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Even if the clutch pedal is out, the clutch still has to hold firm in place to transfer power from the engine to the wheels. Too much power for a particular clutch will cause the frictionable material to slip, even while engaged.
This is what I mean... If you are at a lower rpm, and you step on the gas, there is less power being sent to the drive-train through the clutch.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what I mean... If you are at a lower rpm, and you step on the gas, there is less power being sent to the drive-train through the clutch.
Power is not the problem. Torque is. They are not the same thing.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
What they said. Higher twist is the issue. With the factory turbo, peak torque is on the low end, so that's where your issue is.

OP
OP

NaberSi

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I’m not concerned with not getting it fixed by the dealer I had planned on getting a new clutch. I just thought I’d see if anyone else has had issues I’ve been reading about a bunch of 17’s that have had the same thing around 10k miles. All I did was flash the tune you can’t change anything if I remember correctly with a tune that was locked by someone. Has anyone tried to get a new clutch from a dealer. I know pyro was going to try lol

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m not concerned with not getting it fixed by the dealer I had planned on getting a new clutch. I just thought I’d see if anyone else has had issues I’ve been reading about a bunch of 17’s that have had the same thing around 10k miles. All I did was flash the tune you can’t change anything if I remember correctly with a tune that was locked by someone. Has anyone tried to get a new clutch from a dealer. I know pyro was going to try lol
Just pony up and buy a clutch, why would you want the dealer to install another stock clutch for you that will take a shit at another 8k miles. (This is assuming they even entertain the idea of replacing your clutch under warranty, spoiler.... they won't 9/10) Also what everyone else said, adjust your driving style, you're better off wringing out every gear to accelerate fast than just matting the pedal to the floor in 3rd or above from 2000rpms.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Just pony up and buy a clutch, why would you want the dealer to install another stock clutch for you that will take a shit at another 8k miles. (This is assuming they even entertain the idea of replacing your clutch under warranty, spoiler.... they won't 9/10) Also what everyone else said, adjust your driving style, you're better off wringing out every gear to accelerate fast than just matting the pedal to the floor in 3rd or above from 2000rpms.
Exactly what this guy said. Don't bother trying to replace the clutch under warranty. It is a waste of your time and theirs. Just upgrade it and call it a day. You and your car will be thankful.
Sponsored