Closest To/Below Invoice Anyone Has Gotten? (Coupe)

glostix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars are against my religion.
All of yall are overpaying like hell. What's the lowest anyone has gotten relative to invoice price?

I'm looking at TrueCar for my area and the average is only like $200 below MSRP--WTF!?!?!?!?!?

Last car purchase was a 2015 Lexus GS350 AWD for 24% off MSRP (new last year model), I am OCD about getting the best deal possible, I just can't stomach paying only $200 below MSRP for this car.

I am open to either the LX or an EX-T, depending on whichever one is the best deal.
Sponsored

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
TrueCar is showing just 8 national sales for the '17 (Touring) coupe, none below "invoice" (I see no local graph yet for my area). When I last looked at the '17 touring sedan graph, while the avg. discount was not as low as the '16s, the biggest discounts did rival the 16's. I guess if you want a coupe, you need to (1) negotiate well with price a price-matching dealer and e-bids, (2) wait to buy, or (3) get $2500-$3000 off MSRP on a late-build '16 (touring) while there are any left in the trim/color you want. I got a nice discount on my '16 touring coupe ordered back in Sept. I wanted a good discount, wasn't sure when the '17 would be out or what the discounts would be, and knew it was the same car. A '16 touring at the price of a '17 lower-trim trim coupe, hmmmmm. Civic coupes are built and sold about 1 to 5 compared to sedans (also they didn't come out until well after the sedan). So availability is a factor.

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my EXT back in July. There were only 3 in the area of the trim and color I wanted. I didn't get much of a deal.

WNC_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic LX Coupe 6 speed manual ,2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed manual
I paid $18,300 for my 2017 LX 6 speed coupe last Saturday before tax,title,tag

They had what i wanted and i bought it

jms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '21 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
Bought my 2016 touring coupe in October for 38 bucks over MSRP. That was with the Costco "deal"

airkizr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
If you are in Northern Virginia, or nearby let me know. I can help you get way below MSRP, and I have seen multiple times, where with working the managers a little bit, to get under invoice. If need any help or information to help you get a better deal with whatever area, you are in. I can get you behind the scene information, to get you the best deal from any dealer. Dealers love to see a gross on the car, but now with survey's being so important in Salesman process, getting a salesperson, willing to forgo gross to get more cars out and better surveys, you will find a good deal. I know salespeople in my dealership, that only sells 10 cars a month and make more than people who sell 20-22 only because the 20-22 gets mini deals. I am new to the business, and I am only 24, I am just trying to save up for College, I don't see my future in this. So if you guys need any tips, or anything like that, or if you live in the Northern Virginia area and want the best deal that you saw someone else in this forum get, just shoot me a message.

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Bought my 2016 touring coupe in October for 38 bucks over MSRP. That was with the Costco "deal"
For a touring, 38 bucks over MSRP with the Costco deal? What was OTD price? I picked up an EX-L using the Costco program in September, for $1100, under Invoice. That put it at $21,700.

airkizr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
For a touring, 38 bucks over MSRP with the Costco deal? What was OTD price? I picked up an EX-L using the Costco program in September, for $1100, under Invoice. That put it at $21,700.
You got a sale price of 21,700 on a EX-L or OTD? Also paying 38bucks over MSRP on the Touring is a bit much. I am here to help whoever is in the market get their best deals, so just send me messages, I am willing to help.

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Is that price OTD? I've always been curious how well Costco's Auto Program is.
OTD price on EX-L was $23,907. Still less than the MSRP of $24,535. Savings on that was $2,835, pretty decent.

jms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '21 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
Is that price OTD? I've always been curious how well Costco's Auto Program is.
That was the OTD price. I contacted every Honda dealership in the Portland metro area and none were below 27K, so where I live $26,162 was a great deal. Like almost every other consumer product it just depends where you live. Portland is a very expensive city.

Randallel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Lunar SIlver
Nice. I have an EX-L too. I ended up paying 23498.75. That includes door edge guards, so roughly around $200 extra. Never would've thought I would pay that much for a civic, but then again I would never have thought a civic would be this much of a car.
Sponsored