Clock Stopped

everett2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civiv
Country flag
I've had my 2016 Civic sedan for six months and the clock has stopped functioning. It ether shows the same time or sometimes shows the time at which I last started the car, but in either case it doesn't move. I went into clock settings but there didn't seem to be a place to do anything about this problem. There is a factory reset option, but if I try that, any other setting changes I've made will be lost. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Which trim do you have? My EX had the center console clock time issue, but the one in the dash was correct. I just needed to reboot the infotainment by holding down the "Audio Power" until the reboot dialog appears.

OP
OP

everett2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civiv
Country flag
Which trim do you have? My EX had the center console clock time issue, but the one in the dash was correct. I just needed to reboot the infotainment by holding down the "Audio Power" until the reboot dialog appears.
My EX has what my 600 page Owner's Manual calls "Display Audio" that sounds like it may be the same as you have. For some reason, I never realized that there is another clock on the dash as that is not the one I have looked at, so I can't tell you if both are wrong or just the one on the audio screen. Of course, as one might expect, when I went into the garage to check it out, I sat there for two minutes and watched both clocks move forward two minutes and show the correct time. It hasn't worked for two weeks but at the moment, with the car sitting still, it seems to be working. I'll be going out later today so we will see if it still works later when I drive somewhere. (I realize you can't do anything to the clock when the car is moving but this is when it seems to get stuck). In any case, regarding your reply, I searched through my Owner's Manual and could not find the word "infotainment" or how to "hold down" audio power. My Manual simply says that regarding models with audio display, "The clock is automatically updated through the audio system, so the time does not need to be adjusted."

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
My EX has what my 600 page Owner's Manual calls "Display Audio" that sounds like it may be the same as you have. For some reason, I never realized that there is another clock on the dash as that is not the one I have looked at, so I can't tell you if both are wrong or just the one on the audio screen. Of course, as one might expect, when I went into the garage to check it out, I sat there for two minutes and watched both clocks move forward two minutes and show the correct time. It hasn't worked for two weeks but at the moment, with the car sitting still, it seems to be working. I'll be going out later today so we will see if it still works later when I drive somewhere. (I realize you can't do anything to the clock when the car is moving but this is when it seems to get stuck). In any case, regarding your reply, I searched through my Owner's Manual and could not find the word "infotainment" or how to "hold down" audio power. My Manual simply says that regarding models with audio display, "The clock is automatically updated through the audio system, so the time does not need to be adjusted."
The reboot procedure is not described in the OM. It does temporarily "fix" a multitude of problems with the "Display Audio" system. Best I can tell you is to report these problems tio your dealer's service department. The more complaints they receive, the more likely we will all get updated software.
Sponsored